Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2016, 02:30 PM

Feedback on updated rules

Ok guys so it's been a while now since we updated some of our rules (see this thread) so I am starting this thread to ask how you feel about them and how things are working out for you. If you feel anything needs changing or tweaking please feel free to say
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2016, 02:46 PM

Re: Feedback on updated rules

Hi Azz

Glad the dreadful 'LIKE button' has not been introduced here.

Trash Can is a fair solution and works well and I would like to see a Sin Bin trial please

(saving all my potatoe and veg peelings in anticipation )
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2016, 02:48 PM

I'm about concerned about threads vanishing with no explanation and threads being moved. For instance the two about bumping threads or reviving old ones. There were rational comments explaining the pros and cons but, it seemed as if they were seen as some sort of complaint against the running of the forum.
Some old threads contain information which is useful and may not have been seen by newer members.
Let's face it two days is a lifetime on a forum.
I'm much happier with regards inappropriate remarks now.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2016, 03:01 PM

All good azz, although as has been said some threads are not complaints about running the forum just people chatting, might be a little looser around that sort of thing.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2016, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I'm about concerned about threads vanishing with no explanation and threads being moved. For instance the two about bumping threads or reviving old ones. There were rational comments explaining the pros and cons but, it seemed as if they were seen as some sort of complaint against the running of the forum.
Some old threads contain information which is useful and may not have been seen by newer members.
I agree with all of this Twiz. Regarding threads being closed prematurely, I'm afraid it now looks as though at times the modding is getting a bit paranoid. Some discussions will inevitably be loosely, though not directly, related to how the forum works. To keep closing such threads can be a bit frustrating for some of us.
Trash can works well, but I'm generally less inclined to participate here than I used to be. Some of my reasons for that go back to before the new rules were introduced, but the paranoia that seems to be creeping in hasn't helped.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2016, 04:09 PM

I think it's the alignment of the planets - there is unrest on a few forums I look at.
It's up to members not to get carried away with personal spats etc; for the Management to apply the rules as fairly as they humanly can; and for everyone to remember where the OFF button is. There's really no need to reply to everything ...

It looks OK here, to me
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2016, 05:09 PM

It is the forum owners prerogative to introduce, change or delete any rules and regs as he/she sees fit
I have posted a thread to say that IMO since the new thread rules were introduced the amount of new threads started and the volume of replies to existing ones has certainly reduced.
The thread that I posted stating my opinion was moved to the 'contact admin' topic ... Just why I suppose I shall never know, no explanation was given to me.
If any rule change were necessary at all then I would respectfully suggest it should be ..... that moved or deleted threads and posts should be communicated to their author with a short explanation as to what they did wrong to warrant such action, it would only take a minute and that way the author would learn from his/her mistakes, and not feel as though they have been admonished for the error and had put themselves in danger of being suspended if the same thing happened again.
A successful forum depends on happy posters that feel secure in the posts/threads they make.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2016, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Mine was one of them. I was talking about the current topic, giving my 'theory' as to why threads gets bumped, and my post was thrown into a thread that's now locked and no one is able, should they want to, comment on my thoughts. I wasn't 'having my say' about the site; in fact I wasn't talking about the site and how it is run at all. I was talking about the same thing everyone else was talking about.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2016, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
All good azz, although as has been said some threads are not complaints about running the forum just people chatting, might be a little looser around that sort of thing.
Agreed.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2016, 10:28 PM

I'd still like to see "permanent" threads out somewhere in their own section. When I look at the home page, I'm wanting to see the latest thread that's been updated in each section. This is what we would see were it not for the fact that these "permanent" threads are constantly shown as the latest that have been updated. By permanent threads I mean the likes of "Chit Chat", "What are you having for lunch/dinner", "Goodnight" and so on.

It's somewhat pointless having forum sections if they are going to be constantly bombrded by "permanent" threads. Just move them all into their own forum section called "Long Standing Threads" or something similar.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top