Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2016, 08:58 PM

Posting on old threads

There seem to have been several old threads that have been dragged out of the abyss with new posts recently. So why do some search back through threads that are months or even years old to make a comment?
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2016, 09:00 PM

Re: Posting on old threads

Dunno - but I've sometimes added a comment when a thread has been resurrected and then realised it's ancient.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2016, 09:01 PM

I find it very interesting to look through the old threads isn't that what they are for? Otherwise just delete them.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2016, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
I find it very interesting to look through the old threads isn't that what they are for? Otherwise just delete them.
I'm not saying you shouldn't, but some of the threads that are resurrected seem to be strange choices at times. Not that I mind, just get curious when they don't seem to 'flow'.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2016, 09:15 PM

I hate it when Ive posted on a thread thats months out of date ..I cant see the point really...to me its being tedious
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

11-01-2016, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
I hate it when Ive posted on a thread thats months out of date ..I cant see the point really...to me its being tedious
I hate it when I am reading through a thread thinking it is new and then find it is way out of date. Now I generally check first when the thread was started or when the last post was.

Some threads are ok to carry on the discussion months later, but for others I just don't think it works.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2016, 09:45 PM

I just think too that some threads should be allowed to die a death as I hate seeing the convo go round and round in circles it gets soo boring and theres nothing new being added to the thread so let it fade...
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2016, 10:07 PM

Then why aren't old threads deleted? I myself, as i said quite like looking at the old threads andmseeing what was chatted about at the time and sometimes i do post on them and do get others answering my posts so sometimes it works. But if they are not used again why are they stored up for years get rid!
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK

11-01-2016, 10:09 PM

I quite enjoy reading them too Doc but I just cant see the point in posting on them ...maybe there should be a cut off time when all threads are deleted
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2016, 10:27 PM

It doesn't bother me ...okay, you could say everything that can be said has been said but sometimes it's a newbie chipping in their two penneth so I like to read them.

Mind you ,I'll read anything. I used to sit and read that commonly available toilet blog that said ..Now wash your hands please.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top