Join for free
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2016, 04:50 PM

Bette Midler One Night Only.

Recorded this on ITV3 last night.Watched it whilst ironing earlier.What a fantastic show.She is a wonderful entertainer.Must have missed it first time round-it was recorded in 2014.Love her singing The Rose,alas she didn't sing that on her show.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2016, 05:00 PM

Re: Bette Midler One Night Only.

She's fab',a great singer/actress and a very funny Lady
Cam
USA
Cam is female  Cam has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2016, 05:04 PM

Love the Divine Miss M!
moreover
North Wales, UK
moreover is female  moreover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2016, 05:25 PM

I rarely watch commercial tv but I watched this. I think she's great and it's so good to hear someone able to sing a real song with enthuiasm these days.

I got 2 bonuses from watching as well. She sang Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy, which I loved at the time and bought the sheet music for. Records were too expensive for me to buy at the time. I used it for my practice piece in defiance of my piano tutor and played it (badly) for him. To his credit, he didn't object, merely remarking that my version of 'eight to the bar' was not strictly as it should be interpreted.

The second bonus was the Sophie Tucker reference. My mother was a Soph fan and took me to see her perform at Manchester Palace theatre. I enjoyed it very much despite not really understanding all the references. I bought my mum the recording of 'Life Begins at Forty' for her fortieth birthday. Music is a wonderful tool for evoking emotions as well as memories of long past events.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top