Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2010, 02:41 PM

My lovely neighbour

I'm in bits. My lovely 59-year-old neighbour back in Yorkshire has just been admitted to hospital for emergency surgery for suspected bowel cancer. She is a really special person, mothers everyone and was absolutely fantastic to me both before and after my mother died. Don't know the medical details entirely, but it doesn't sound good, and the NHS has been faffing about with her for nearly four months already.
Cue a quick unplanned trip to Yorkshire this weekend, if only to give both her and her husband a hug.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2010, 03:27 PM

Re: My lovely neighbour

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
I'm in bits. My lovely 59-year-old neighbour back in Yorkshire has just been admitted to hospital for emergency surgery for suspected bowel cancer. She is a really special person, mothers everyone and was absolutely fantastic to me both before and after my mother died. Don't know the medical details entirely, but it doesn't sound good, and the NHS has been faffing about with her for nearly four months already.
Cue a quick unplanned trip to Yorkshire this weekend, if only to give both her and her husband a hug.
I'm very sorry to hear about your naighbour orangutan, lets hope it's not as bad as one thinks. She sounds a lovely person.

Safe journey to Yorkshire.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2010, 04:44 PM

Hope she gets well soon Orangutan - drive carefully on your way there.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2010, 10:04 PM

Nothing nicer than having lovely neighbours-hope she is ok and have a safe journey when you go visiting..........
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2010, 10:27 PM

Back now but planning a few more visits. Really glad I went. Her husband was in bits but their two daughters did a fab job looking after him. Plenty of hugs and frank chats seemed to help. Unfortunately not great news as she has some secondaries, and he went through this with his mother as well. It's going to be a long summer...
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2010, 10:37 PM

Nice to hear you're back safe and sound Orangutan, but sorry you didn't have better news about your neighbour. I'm sure your visit was appreciated by her and her family although it must be difficult for you all.
scrabblemad
leicester uk
scrabblemad is female  scrabblemad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2010, 08:25 AM

Must be nice to have a neighbour like you Orangutan. I have lived in my street 15 years and know 3 families! - Oh to be back in Yorkshire among the friendly folks.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

07-05-2010, 12:05 PM

Well for now things are settling a bit. She went home on Wednesday and is enjoying being royally pampered by her husband. Chemo to come, but not just yet.
I'm going over again next week for a few days, en route to a brief holiday in Mallorca
Scrabblemad - it is a tiny Yorkshire village, so we do tend to know one another.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

29-05-2010, 02:09 PM

Update - bad news. Although she is currently looking better and putting on weight they have been told that chemo will be palliative rather than curative.

They had a miserable rollercoaster week - the surgeon called them back to give them the news (which he clearly did badly) and they left with no hope and much despair. Then they saw the oncologist who handled things rather better, so they hope for a few years more. But they must have experienced every possible emotion last week.

First chemo next Tuesday, and they are hoping to come to Ireland between treatments for a few days. Am really pleased that they want to and feel comfortable enough to ask me if they can come.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2010, 08:54 PM

I am so sorry to hear your neighbours prognosis is not good. My heart goes out to them. I hope they live life to the full and fulfil everything she wants to do.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top