Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 11:36 PM

Who would you tell?

If you did happen to win the big prize on the lottery, who would you tell, and are there people you wouldn't want to find out?
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 11:49 PM

Re: Who would you tell?

Originally Posted by Mups ->
If you did happen to win the big prize on the lottery, who would you tell, and are there people you wouldn't want to find out?
Nobody, people who tell have queues outside their houses and sacks of mail, so I ain't telling you
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 11:49 PM

I'd tell my daughter first .... my son will soon find out 'cos she'd have it plastered all over Facebook in no time
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 11:55 PM

My younger sister suspects a neighbour of having 'come into money' because of work done on their house. Close to her. She wonders if they've had a big win but kept it quiet!

Myrtle, that's the trouble with social media: you can't keep anything secret.

If I had a huge win, I would love to keep quiet about it, but my family is big, and a fair few could do with a helping hand, but somewhere along the line, somebody would most probably say 'I heard Janet won x on the lottery and we got nothing!'

Sigh. Think I'll just charter a private jet and go off to a nice hideaway somewhere. Right, off to check my numbers...
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2016, 12:02 AM

Good grief. Two numbers, yet again, winning me my third free ticket! In a row.

Surely I'm now due for the big one?!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2016, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->

That's what they all say Jazzi.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2016, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->

Well done Jazzi
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2016, 12:22 AM

I wouldn't mind who knew. The begging letters would go straight in the bin unread.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2016, 12:52 AM

Yes people are terrible i won £5000 on spot the ball back in the early 80's and was getting begging letters one person even had the cheek to ask for the lot saying i didn't need it!
I did hear that some people actually send out begging letters as a past time.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

10-01-2016, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Yes people are terrible i won £5000 on spot the ball back in the early 80's and was getting begging letters one person even had the cheek to ask for the lot saying i didn't need it!
I did hear that some people actually send out begging letters as a past time.

It passes the long winter nights doc, I stop doing it in the summer.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top