Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 12:41 AM

My worst year ever

I have just had the worst year of my life--even worse than when my dear husband was ill, and died.

Ive had the worst birthday-the worst Christmas and the worst New year--it is just spiralling out of control. !!

One week on from New year, i am taking stock of things, and doing my best to turn things around. Which means Ive had to make some very difficult decisions, which I am still finding it hard to deal with. My only consolation is that things just cannot get worse.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 12:49 AM

Re: My worst year ever

Hi Mariana ... I'm sorry to read your post and hope this year will be much better for you
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 12:54 AM

Take one step at a time mariana, I too had a crap Christmas and was alone at New Year, I was dealing with the anniversary of mum's passing and then her birthday last week which had me in tears, in fact I seem to be on the verge of crying often because I've become thin skinned!

Only time heals, I know it's said often but it's true, I hope your situation works out for you, in my opinion it usually does.

Sometimes I haven't known which way to turn as though I'm the only person who has ever felt such emotional pain but then I think of others and what they're going through and it helps to feel I'm not alone.

My advice to you for what it's worth is talk to someone about what burdens you, it will lighten your load, my sister is my rock and when I have a wobble I turn to her and she always makes me feel better, even talking here can help, I've done that too and it's helped too as folk really care and some can offer guidance when you don't know which way to turn
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 12:58 AM

Life can be compared to a sellout in the stock market. When that happens, it bottoms out and it can't get any worse or go down any further, so it really has no other option than to go up.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 01:17 AM

Hi Marian.
Yes some very good replies and comments and advice there, and that has left me with not much to add.
Just slam the door on last and other years and make a fresh start.
Perhaps the below advice is a good way to do just that.

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 01:21 AM

I would try to remember this simple saying -

"Never let yesterday fill up today."
Cam
USA
Cam is female  Cam has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 03:12 AM

This is not the time for a "pity party".

Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by Cam ->

I don't think anyone was thinking of a 'pity party' Cam.
People here are just trying to help Marian during a bad time in her life.
But it is true to say that there is always someone worse off than you, no matter what is going on during one's time on this Earth.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by Cam ->

But you don't know the circumstances yet you jump to conclusions, a little support wouldn't go amiss, failing that say nowt rather than end up with foot in mouth disease
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by mariana ->
I have just had the worst year of my life--even worse than when my dear husband was ill, and died.

Ive had the worst birthday-the worst Christmas and the worst New year--it is just spiralling out of control. !!

One week on from New year, i am taking stock of things, and doing my best to turn things around. Which means Ive had to make some very difficult decisions, which I am still finding it hard to deal with. My only consolation is that things just cannot get worse.
Good for you Mariana.
Take one step, one day at a time.
You can do it. You are worth it.
I hope tomorrow will be a better day.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top