Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2010, 07:21 PM

Embarrassing Bodies

That channel 4 program?

I'm not sure why folk would say they have been too embarrassed to seek help before and then suddenly pop up on TV show their genitals etc.

And who would want to see a doctor called Dr Pixie?

Now don't get me wrong, I think people should be made aware of health issues and what to do, but this program just irritates me by trying to commercialize illness.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2010, 07:33 PM

Re: Embarrassing Bodies

My body is a temple-well a crumbling ruin anyway
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2010, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Old git ->
My body is a temple-well a crumbling ruin anyway
Your lucky OG, mine crumbled years ago and is now a site for future archaeology.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2010, 09:55 AM

I thought the procedure for stopping incontinence after the prostate operation was clever. A sort of 'tap' arrangement turned on and off via a switch in the scrotum. Gives a whole new meaning to 'ballcock'.

I know the program is a bit strange but I don't suppose the people willing to go on it would have got some of those procedures any other way.

Then there's the woman who only got herself checked out and cured when she saw someone else on the program with a similar problem to hers. So maybe the program does serve a useful purpose.
madmare
Essex UK
madmare is female  madmare has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2010, 09:18 AM

I find it strange they say come and see us about things you are too embarrased to see your own GP about.
People go and if they were too emabarrased in a private room to talk about it how come they can do it in a public place and have all thier bits shown and shared with the nation
I suppose though if you are getting nowhere with your own gp as someone said you will get it fully investigated.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2010, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by PPHammer ->
That channel 4 program?

I'm not sure why folk would say they have been too embarrassed to seek help before and then suddenly pop up on TV show their genitals etc.

And who would want to see a doctor called Dr Pixie?

Now don't get me wrong, I think people should be made aware of health issues and what to do, but this program just irritates me by trying to commercialize illness.
The same though occurred to me how can someone be too scary to let one person have a look at things but not mind about four million
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2010, 08:07 PM

Just seen this
I was totally bemused at the young girl who was too embarassed to sleep with her boyfriend as her ladybits looked like a badly packed kebab yet she hopped on doctors bench and showed everyone watching the program

BTW, Dr. Pixie is actually called Dr. Bernadette (Pixie) McKenna
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2010, 08:19 PM

I've never seen it... but it sounds gross so I might just give it a miss
val
Kent UK
val is female  val has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2010, 10:38 AM

Oh good heavens, its bad enough talking about it but showing the whole world how awful, I'd rather curl up and die, how can you face the neighbours knowing they've seen bits of you that you haven't.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2010, 02:28 PM

I came across this programme once, by accident, and simply sat slack jawed at what people were happy to show the world
Once was enough for me!
I'm all for folk being encouraged to be open with their medical professionals and not die because of embarrassment but to put anything and everything on TV - well!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top