Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2016, 04:50 PM

This is odd ........

We are finally going to get an auto defrost freezer, neither of us can face defrosting any more
So, we will need the freezer we have, taken away
I phoned a company - 'no we can't take it to the tip' says he
they won't allow it because of the gases
Now here's the bit that puzzled me 'But you can put it in yer car and take it yerself'
Why is it we can take it, but not a company .............?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2016, 04:54 PM

Re: This is odd ........

The council will take it ( for a fee)
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2016, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
We are finally going to get an auto defrost freezer, neither of us can face defrosting any more
So, we will need the freezer we have, taken away
I phoned a company - 'no we can't take it to the tip' says he
they won't allow it because of the gases
Now here's the bit that puzzled me 'But you can put it in yer car and take it yerself'
Why is it we can take it, but not a company .............?
Patsy businesses need a licence to use a tip, householders don't so you can take it yourself .

When I had a new loo and washbasin I had to lug them to the tip myself the plumber refused because the licence cost too much.

The tip people will have a number of freezers and will arrange to dispose of them safely.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2016, 05:02 PM

I think you will find if you have it delivered the company that you buy it from have to take the old one away.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2016, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
I think you will find if you have it delivered the company that you buy it from have to take the old one away.
For a small fee, of course!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2016, 05:06 PM

I checked that - apparently they won't ........
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2016, 05:07 PM

Don't think so.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

08-01-2016, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Patsy businesses need a licence to use a tip, householders don't so you can take it yourself .

When I had a new loo and washbasin I had to lug them to the tip myself the plumber refused because the licence cost too much.

The tip people will have a number of freezers and will arrange to dispose of them safely.
Yes Meg - I have used this company in the past, they are legit

Muddy - the council will only take if you leave the appliance 'outside'
We are unable to do that
As they are charging, they should at least take from the property
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

08-01-2016, 05:09 PM

Don't think so.
Don't think so - what .........?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England

08-01-2016, 05:13 PM

Cannot provide a link on the phone, but google waste electrical goods, you will find they have to take the old one.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top