Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2016, 10:00 AM

Political interference??? (Junior Doctors Strike)

Hmmmm - why am I not surprised at this???

Jeremy Hunt's civil servants playing dirty again. The 'nasty party at its worst!!!

http://www.aol.co.uk/news/2016/01/08...strike-letter/
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2016, 10:15 AM

Re: Political interference??? (Junior Doctors Strike)

It would be naive to think only one political party would engineer events, however much you would like us to believe that.
Just think Blair's WMDS in 15minutes.....
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2016, 11:38 AM

All political parties do 'spin'.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2016, 11:46 AM

UJ

Seems such a shame as a highly intelligent person as yourself can only start a thread on one subject.
Browbeaten
manchester
Browbeaten is male  Browbeaten has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2016, 01:37 PM

I think it is disgraceful that such a highly rated and respected profession are being pushed into this position by some politicians pumped up by their own ego's with not a thought to the smooth running of the NHS, which probably they have no need of as no doubt they will have private medical insurance.
Paid for by the unwashed via expenses manipulation
PhilipM
Wales, UK
PhilipM is male  PhilipM has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 10:07 PM

Yes indeed Browbeaten. The Tories thought that " 7 days NHS " would be an election winning slogan and tried shamelessly to pretend they were introducing it without recognising the huge resource implications.

The studies supposedly showing increased mortality with weekend admissions have been widely criticised in the Medical Journals not least for ignoring the fact that the case mix admitted at weekends is going to be more ill.

That dedicated and very hardworking young doctors should feel that their prospects and lifestyle are being endangered by this cavalier action enough to take industrial action for the first time in a generation is scandalous. The Tories just think that they are Public Sector Workers, who Tories hate for ideological reasons, and can be pushed around.

They are intelligent young people with many options open to them including emigration to Australia where many young doctors have gone in recent years.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 11:29 PM

Don't blame them the way they are treated here.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2016, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Don't blame them the way they are treated here.
Hear hear.

I have always voted Conservative (until last time, when I voted for UKIP) but, from recent experience, I would never trust Call Me Dave, ever.
Browbeaten
manchester
Browbeaten is male  Browbeaten has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2016, 12:06 PM

Trouble is, what politician can you trust?
I wouldn't trust any of them to tell me the correct time.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2016, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Browbeaten ->
Trouble is, what politician can you trust?
I wouldn't trust any of them to tell me the correct time.
Nigel Farage. He's the only one who tells it like it is.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top