Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2016, 09:21 AM

Saddest thing

What is the saddest thing that has ever happened in your life? Mine was when i held my little grandson in my arms. He had died in his sleep he was all wrapped up only his little face was showing so tiny and his little lips were slightly blue poor little soul.
Another sad time was when i sat by my late partner Doreens coffin she had died of cancer in 2012.
It was nice having a chat with her and saying goodbye she looked just as if she was fast asleep so peaceful looking and pretty in the outfit she bought weeks before she left me.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2016, 09:33 AM

Re: Saddest thing

I am very sorry for your losses Doc. (((Hug)))
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2016, 09:36 AM

Saddest memory is my sister dying in a traffic crash at age 19. Time seems to heal wounds like that.
But having seen dead friends in their coffin looking far more relaxed than any living person is very assuring.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2016, 09:36 AM

I wouldn't be able to describe the saddest things I've experienced, nor would I be capable of choosing one as more than all others.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2016, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
..... seen dead friends in their coffin looking far more relaxed than any living person is very assuring.
Then that's the way I want to go. My biggest worry about dying is leaving my wife and children feeling devastated.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2016, 09:43 AM

The saddest time, a few days ago when realisation hit me
I've got along with the belief that I would find something out there to give me peace from pain, even if it was for a while
Now I realise that all the money spent has been pointless and I 'am' to spend the rest of my life in this misery.
There is nothing that will help me, and the saddest thing is the realisation that I will never be able to go to bed, relax and get away from the torment.
Feeling very sad about that.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2016, 09:44 AM

Today would have been the 49th birthday of my son David who died at 2 months old in the March following. He looked perfect outwardly but it hid an underdeveloped set of bronchial tubes which halted his breathing. As the coroner said he hadn't even got a pimple on his bum, bless his little heart.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2016, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Advantage Out ->
Then that's the way I want to go. My biggest worry about dying is leaving my wife and children feeling devastated.
Actually, that's my only worry about dying. How the ones left behind will cope with it. For myself, I'm ready to go anytime.
I think we all worry too much about dying.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2016, 09:59 AM

Too many sad things to mention really and if I start thinking about them I will be depressed all day .

I got off to a bad start with my brother coming home from school to find my mother dead at the foot of the stairs as a result of having had a brain haemorrhage and me crying in my pram.
History repeated itself in a way when my husband had a brain hemorrhage three weeks after our son was born .

My life seems to have been a series of sad events but there is always someone who has experienced worse ones like a person I knew who was returning home from holiday and woke up in hospital to find she had been involved in a car crash and lost her husband, mother, two children and had herself received life changing injuries.

Most of us have sad events some more than others, such is the lottery of life.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2016, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
Saddest memory is my sister dying in a traffic crash at age 19. Time seems to heal wounds like that.
But having seen dead friends in their coffin looking far more relaxed than any living person is very assuring.
Mr P, an undertaker told me that the reason people look so relaxed in their coffins is because they no longer feel any stress or pain, and both of those slightly distort your expression. I don't know if it is true but it is a nice way to think of those you have lost.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top