Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 11:41 PM

My Very First Memory.

Don't know if this has been done before, but what is your very first memory as a child?

Mine is of sitting on a settee surrounded by cushions & toys. There are three people sitting in chairs at a green baise table that is pushed against the settee. One is my Mother, couldn't remember who the other two were, but they were a man & woman, they were playing cards.
Mentioned this to my late Mother several years ago & she said, how can you remember that, you were only 18 months old & we were fire watching. It was November 1943. Mother said the other two people were Auntie Glad next door, who was my Godmother & her husband Jack.
countrygirl
West Midlands
countrygirl is female  countrygirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 11:48 PM

Re: My Very First Memory.

Mine is being on a tiny little tricycle on the back yard; there was just me, no baby brother yet and I was three and a half when he was born. It was bitterly cold and I wore an itchy bonnet and a thick coat.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 11:52 PM

Not nearly as young for me. I was 6 (from what I was told) and I remember climbing the apricot tree in the back yard to rescue a kitty. That's all I remember, but apparently it wasn't one of our cats, and a branch broke, and down I went.
Broke both arms. When mum heard my wailing and came running I only wanted to know if the kitty was ok!
Agent
north east
Agent is male  Agent has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2016, 12:15 AM

Watching the coronation at home on a TV surrounded by people from our road .. My mum bought this TV and it was first one on the estate, tiny screen always needing valves replacing but it was brilliant .. I was 3 ish at the time
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2016, 12:18 AM

Super to read all your replies. Thanks to all of you. it's amazing what we do remember.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2016, 12:23 AM

My Nan's dog having puppies.

Going into Dad's hen house and the cockerel coming in and wouldn't let me get out. I was scared stiff and crying!
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2016, 01:00 AM

I was about 4 or 5 years old. My grandfather had cattle in Italy. I remember one day the cattle would not go where he wanted them to go,so he kicked one cow in the rear. Being a very innocent boy, that negative action from my grandfather for some reason has stuck with me all my life
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia
tootsweet is female  tootsweet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2016, 01:24 AM

My first day at school and my mum walking away
tina
Lincolnshire
tina is female  tina has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2016, 01:37 AM

when I was about two or three and my Mum trying to force me into a siren suit. I can remember it as clear as day.
Cam
USA
Cam is female  Cam has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2016, 01:48 AM

Sitting on my grandfather's lap. I was about two years old.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top