Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 04:45 PM

Winning ............?

Have you ever one 'odd' prizes ?
I entered a radio competition between me and another lady on air - I won. The prize was a Dennis Rousos (spelt wrong I know) LP. When I received it I was shocked at the sight of it
What am I to do with it ? Do I know anyone of Greek origins ?
Yes - the dry cleaners, so off I went, 'Here you are' says I
'a present for ya' - a look of bewilderment befell the face of the receiver, but she did smile and take it from me
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 04:48 PM

Re: Winning ............?

Another time at a bingo session, I won
It was a piece of pork ! I hate pork - had to find a good home for it, which I did
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 04:51 PM

I once won a 3 piece set of luggage...........which was really cheapo. I gave it to a charity shop.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 04:56 PM

Whisky - hate the stuff - won about 3 times, I think, just my luck !!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

06-01-2016, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
Whisky - hate the stuff - won about 3 times, I think, just my luck !!
Hello Cranberry You're right we just get the rejected stuff

Jean bought me a bottle of sherry - I was unable to keep it so gave it to the raffle as a future prize
Jean won it - not only that - she gives it to me with a big grin on her face
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 05:03 PM

I won a JVC Music Centre about 25 years ago with a raffle ticket I bought for my children's School Christmas Raffle

It's still working well to this day!

I call it odd as I never usually win anything like that!
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 05:05 PM

Oooooo .... YESSSSS
A few decades ago, I entered a Bees Seeds/Woolworth competition ... and won £100 of Woolworth vouchers for the caption I came up with for a cartoon of some kind.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Hello Cranberry You're right we just get the rejected stuff

Jean bought me a bottle of sherry - I was unable to keep it so gave it to the raffle as a future prize
Jean won it - not only that - she gives it to me with a big grin on her face
That's so funny. ... I won't buy tickets now if whiskey is involved. Strange thing is at my Grandsons school his Mum bought a raffle ticket at his Christmas play, I decided against it as it was mostly wine, which I don't drink either. Guess which ticket won, yes, the one after hers!! Just narrowly missed that. Funny old life, int it?
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 05:09 PM

I won 3 pair of ear rings in a raffle. Did not match the suit I was wearing at the time. So I gave them to my mum.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

06-01-2016, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
That's so funny. ... I won't buy tickets now if whiskey is involved. Strange thing is at my Grandsons school his Mum bought a raffle ticket at his Christmas play, I decided against it as it was mostly wine, which I don't drink either. Guess which ticket won, yes, the one after hers!! Just narrowly missed that. Funny old life, int it?

It is where we're concerned

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top