Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 11:54 AM

The Truth is out There!

New series of The X Files coming early February on channel 5...I love this series and cant wait to see Mulder and Scully and the Smoking Man in action again

Are you a fan or do you turn over?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 12:18 PM

Re: The Truth is out There!

Yes! I'm a fan! Hope it's as good as the original, I think it will be!
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 02:19 PM

Oye like it as well Aysa well worth watching..
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Yes! I'm a fan! Hope it's as good as the original, I think it will be!
I saw previews of it TessA and it looks brilliant! Cant wait
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK

06-01-2016, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Oye like it as well Aysa well worth watching..
Early February Doc dont forget...The Truth is out There lol see you there!
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 05:16 PM

Put me down for that as well.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK

06-01-2016, 05:18 PM

Another one for truth seeking ..well done Emjay
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 05:28 PM

I watched every episode again either last year or the year before when it was on catch up on sky. Brilliant series will definitely be watching.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK

06-01-2016, 05:38 PM

Did you see the film too Shirley? That was very good too.
taken from Wiki......

The X-Files (also known as The X-Files: Fight the Future) is a 1998 American science fiction film directed by Rob Bowman. Chris Carter wrote the screenplay. The story is by Carter and Frank Spotnitz. It is the first feature film based on Carter's television series The X-Files that revolves around fictional unsolved cases called the X-Files and the characters solving them. Five main characters from the television series appear in the film: David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson, Mitch Pileggi, John Neville, and William B. Davis reprise their respective roles as FBI agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully, FBI Assistant Director Walter Skinner, Well-Manicured Man, and the Cigarette-Smoking Man. The film was promoted with the tagline Fight the Future.

The film takes place between seasons five (episode "The End") and six (episode "The Beginning") of the television series, and is based upon the series' extraterrestrial mythology. The story follows agents Mulder and Scully, removed from their usual jobs on the X-Files, and investigating the bombing of a building and the destruction of criminal evidence. They uncover what appears to be a government conspiracy attempting to hide the truth about an alien colonization of Earth.

Carter decided to make a feature film to explore the show's mythology on a wider scale, as well as appealing to non-fans. He wrote the story with Frank Spotnitz at the end of 1996 and, with a budget from 20th Century Fox, filming began in 1997, following the end of the show's fourth season. Carter assembled cast and crew from the show, as well as some other, well-known actors such as Blythe Danner and Martin Landau, to begin production on what they termed "Project Blackwood". The film was produced by Carter and Daniel Sackheim. Mark Snow continued his role as X-Files composer to create the film's score.

The film premiered on June 19, 1998 in the United States, and received mixed to positive reviews from critics. Although some enjoyed the style and effects of the film, others found the plot confusing and viewed it as little more than an extended episode of the series. A sequel, entitled I Want to Believe, was released ten years later.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 05:43 PM

I will wait for its release and read the reviews.

X-Files was good up until season 5, then disappeared inside itself. The plots turned in on themselves to the point where it made little sense and became pointless watching it as it became more and more impenetrable and incomprehensible.

I remember watching an interview with Chris Carter who stated that it was always the intention to misdirect the viewer so the question of aliens and government conspiracy in the series was always going to be left ambiguous for the viewer to decide which is which. To me, this is an excuse for sloppy writing which means they can write about anything without purpose or ending and not worry about resolving anything or story continuity.

If they are going to bring this series back, I hope they can pay someone to use lighting as I was really fed-up with watching a programme filmed in virtual darkness all the time.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top