Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 11:45 AM

it is over at last

Well it is all over for another year, nice Christmas food all gone, same with the drinks and choccies. Then the big excitement of welcoming in the new year, the same as the year before the BBC showed, in fact it could have even been a repeat of last time with the London firework display. So what are we left with now? no food in fridge- no drinks cooling down- empty bottles in the dustbin- xmass tress at the local dump. No Christmas cards littering up the place and visitors gone. |Kids toys no longer played with and stuffed into a cupboard out of sight.

Isn't it nice to get back to normal again ,such as weekly shopping- car cleaning weather permitting which we can now freely moan about how misearble the weather has turned out to be.

Next is the summer holiday to plan for, oops no money left after the festivities and those credit cards to pay off. Oh well lets forget about summer hollidays for the time being then.

Happy new year all
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 11:48 AM

Re: it is over at last

Yes just 8 weeks before we can get back to our caravan, then every weekend down there until end of October. Really can't come soon enough!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 11:50 AM

Happy new year to you to Realspeed. Unfortunately it isn´t all over here, we have Christmas eve again today and Christmas day again tomorrow, Spanish style. However we won´t be putting the tree back up or buying more presents, I´m not even buying a 3 kings cake. I´m more than ready for life to get back to whatever passes for normality.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 11:57 AM

Happy New Year Barry I hope your new grandchild is doing well.

I always feel a sense of great relief when December is behind us and we are into January, almost half the winter is gone and spring not far away...
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 12:04 PM

Happy New Year to you Realspeed...Im sad its all over cos I love xmas but there time moves on all the same...looking forward to the Spring now and better days ahead
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
So what are we left with now? no food in fridge- no drinks cooling down- empty bottles in the dustbin- xmass tress at the local dump.
Speak for yourself - my fridge always has drinks cooling down no matter what time of the year.

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 02:13 PM

Wow, mines full of vegetables cheese and milk
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 02:30 PM

Isnt it funny I usually love Christmas cannot wait to put the decs up, getting the food and drink in, enjoying the day.

There is just the two of us but this year, we bought very little extra food, and even the tin of chocs is still three quarters full. Drinks I had a couple but rest of bottle still there.

I think I need to get out of this fug I seem to be in.

Happy New Year to all.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 06:23 PM

Hold on, hold on, the celebrations aren't over yet - there's Burn's night on the 25th - Haggis, neeps and tatties and a wee dram!!!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Hold on, hold on, the celebrations aren't over yet - there's Burn's night on the 25th - Haggis, neeps and tatties and a wee dram!!!
Ah yes Geoff, Rabby Burns night is special with you if me memory serves me right, and in case I forget, Happy Burns Night to all everywhere on the 25th.
I like Rab Nesbitt better meself, when's his big night Mary Doll.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top