Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 05:10 PM

Your Rules - Part 3 - Things you DO NOT want us to act against

Hi Guys, thank you all for your replies in the other thread. Let's try and get to the nitty gritty of things with a few more very targeted threads.

In this thread, please LIST the things you DO NOT want us to take action against, starting with what you consider the most important. In the other thread, I'll ask you to list the things you do want us to take action against.

Thread Rules
  1. No more than ten items in your list please
  2. You are only allowed ONE POST in this thread - so if you have anything to add edit your post.
  3. Please do not refer to anyone else's post - this is about what YOU want. However feel free to duplicate things into your own list.

(Any posts not following these rules will be removed)
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 05:33 PM

Re: Your Rules - Part 3 - Things you DO NOT want us to act against

Friendly banter...it does no harm and makes the place feel warmer and more fun.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 05:42 PM

" please LIST the things you DO NOT want us to take action against "

ME
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 05:46 PM

Nothing at all different from now. This is just a very boring uprising by a VERY small number of posters joined at the hip.

Give these posters a fragile area with all the rules they want and open the other half up for liberal minded posters who enjoy, banter , fun, being happy and discussion . And show all in public so the pubic join.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 05:53 PM

Posters expressing their views when they're being polite and reasonable but not necessarily agreeing with the majority.
People objecting to being bullied, derided or offended by other members, in a non offensive or personal way.
Threads going off topic, momentarily, in a way that isn't offensive, or for the purpose of derailing the thread.
Indigo
UK
Indigo is female  Indigo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 06:06 PM

I have seen some people say they want a "well said" facility. I absolutely do not want this - as it can be used as a weapon against others. One of the things I like about this forum is that it doesn't have one.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 06:08 PM

Funny personal banter - it may derail for a time but it's what makes this forum so good IMO
People being allowed to disagree with the majority, if we are polite I can't see it does any harm.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 06:11 PM

I dont want peoples passion for their opinions to be stubbed out..I think we all are old enough to be able tell when someone is passionate about something and when someone is being insulting and "hiding" behind the facade of being passionate...passionate opinions are good !!! Sniping and rudeness are NOT!
I dont want a "well said" button
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 06:20 PM

1. Do not act against posters presenting arguments and viewpoints no matter how difficult it is for others to accept those arguments and viewpoints.

2. Do not stand by when people make personal comments about other posters. Remove those posts.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 06:22 PM

I'll add my vote for "no well-said" button.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top