Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 05:09 PM

Your Rules - Part 2 - Things you want us to act against

Hi Guys, thank you all for your replies in the other thread. Let's try and get to the nitty gritty of things with a few more very targeted threads.

In this thread, please LIST the things you want us to take action against, starting with what you consider the most important. In the other thread, I'll ask you to list the things you don't want us to take action against.

Thread Rules
  1. No more than ten items in your list please
  2. You are only allowed ONE POST in this thread - so if you have anything to add edit your post.
  3. Please do not refer to anyone else's post - this is about what YOU want. However feel free to duplicate things into your own list.

(Any posts not following these rules will be removed)
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 05:13 PM

Re: Your Rules - Part 2 - Things you want us to act against

Constant derailing of threads due to (often old long term) personal arguments.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 05:14 PM

Explicit sexual content is not permitted surely - so would like to see posts that contain it - deleted
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 05:17 PM

Id like to see posts deleted and a warning given by pm to the poster whoever uses insulting words in their post directed at another member.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 05:22 PM

Detailed sexual suggestions and descriptions.

Lewd sexual photographs such as we had recently.

Bullying and public belittling.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 05:24 PM

Muslim bashing and deliberate scaremongering re Daesh

Any thread which is blatantly antiMuslim deliberately tarring them all with the same brush

Thread titles and opening posts which are merely cut & paste jobs lifted off news sites. If a news item interests you and you feel you want to start a thread about it then that is great, but in your own words please as a discussion starter.
yani
yani is female 

02-01-2016, 05:25 PM

Actually what I have seen I like, no changes needed. It's actually the BEST social website I have been on in recent years. Sure there are a few people who feel very strong about their opinions, I like the idea that everyone has the right to their own opinions, but only as long as it doesn't hurt or insult anyone. If that occurs then I feel the administrators should step in and give a warning and/or delete offending individuals accounts who only want to cause havoc.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Sexual references - we already have a place for them keep him out of the main forum.
Name calling lets just stop it.
If someone has a person on ignore why is the ignored allowed to make personal comments bout the person ignoring them surely it could be made two way so it doesn't disrupt other people's enjoyment of the forum ?

References to other forums - how about an area people can talk about other forums but keep it out of the main forum or just outright stop it ?

I just wanted to add anyone calling people old hags etc should be banned, I haven't seen it happen so can only guess it is who I have on ignore.

Sorry another addition, I said in jest the other day why not have an anti Muslim part of the forum then those of us who don't want to see it can avoid it. Would keep a lot of people happy IMO

The ignore is brilliant in life you cannot get on with everyone so why assume you will on a forum ? One member was causing me problems it looks like the same member is causing others problems too, ignore means I don't get annoyed. If everyone used it who had a problem they would find the forum much nicer too.

Originally Posted by galty ->
Was that me??????

If you don't reply it must be that you have put me on ignore
No not you

You would rather people leave because they cannot stand another's posts ?
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

I'd like to see a ' three strikes and You're out/suspended' rule which was discussed before and most agreed with.
Indigo
UK
Indigo is female  Indigo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 05:28 PM

Exactly what Aysa said I'd like "post deleted and a warning given by pm to the poster whoever uses insulting words in their post directed at another member."

I'd also like posts that insult older women generally using derogatory and misogynist insults as I saw on another thread today, to be removed.

And this: Muslim bashing and deliberate scaremongering re Daesh. I don't agree with Julie's suggestion of having an anti Muslim section. This to me just promotes the idea that discrimination is OK on the forum.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top