Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2016, 11:55 PM

Gordon Bennett ****

We are no longer allowed to say good old fashioned English words online in case some sensitive person is offended
Instead of a Male bird C…. A Doodle Do, it is abbreviated to Doodle Do
And a favourite English pudding is now called ‘Spotted Richard. How ridiculous
However, on Social sites people must stick to the rules
On some sites there is an Adult forum which means you can say ‘Knickers’
How ironic when people including little children swear in public like troopers these days.
Also, sportsmen , especially Rugby Players after a match let rip with the rudest songs ever , usually in a Public Bar and everyone join’s in. So Iv’e been told by my Grand daughters. It is the same at Football Matches and there are some choice expletives for the Ref. It is really School boy humour
By the way I am not criticising OFF as it is quite liberal
Also, I do not use profanities myself and swearing is not allowed in my home.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 12:28 AM

Re: Gordon Bennett ****

Hi Phil I don't know who laid down this edict or maybe someone is pulling your leg

It would be impossible to enforce such rules and if the powers that be tried half the country would end up fined or locked up...
Indigo
UK
Indigo is female  Indigo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 09:30 AM

I have never come across the censoring of things like cockadoodle doo and spotted dick. That's just daft.

I do swear and use profanities in my own home, I find it therapeutic. But I wouldn't do it in front of children or on a public forum. I think the use of cuss words, sexual references or pictures on forums is a bit tedious and adolescent.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Indigo ->
I have never come across the censoring of things like cockadoodle doo and spotted dick. That's just daft.

I do swear and use profanities in my own home, I find it therapeutic. But I wouldn't do it in front of children or on a public forum. I think the use of cuss words, sexual references or pictures on forums is a bit tedious and adolescent.
Agree with you
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Indigo ->
Nor me, sounds like one of those oft repeated but never true Internet beat ups.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
We are no longer allowed to say good old fashioned English words online in case some sensitive person is offended
Instead of a Male bird C…. A Doodle Do, it is abbreviated to Doodle Do
And a favourite English pudding is now called ‘Spotted Richard.
How ridiculous
However, on Social sites people must stick to the rules
On some sites there is an Adult forum which means you can say ‘Knickers’
How ironic when people including little children swear in public like troopers these days.
Also, sportsmen , especially Rugby Players after a match let rip with the rudest songs ever , usually in a Public Bar and everyone join’s in. So Iv’e been told by my Grand daughters. It is the same at Football Matches and there are some choice expletives for the Ref. It is really School boy humour
By the way I am not criticising OFF as it is quite liberal
Also, I do not use profanities myself and swearing is not allowed in my home.
Where does it say all this please...sounds ridiculous to me.
As has been posted how would they enforce this?
I too use swearing at home in my house not ott with the use of them though and also I wouldnt swear in front of children or my mother lol
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 11:03 AM

Not to be taken seriously - it won't be anyway
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 12:48 PM

What a load of B****cks ☺
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Nor me, sounds like one of those oft repeated but never true Internet beat ups.
I agree often people say we can't say this or that but when pushed can't name a single time they have been stopped.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 12:55 PM

Talking about swearing. Anyone watched Mrs Browns Boys the
other day. Oh my goodness talk about the F word

I go on a site and I think its American chat and they don't seem to
have heard about wellies. It continues to change the e into a I
making it worse than it was. I don't wear those for footwear

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top