Join for free
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2016, 10:18 PM

Your Rules - Part 1

There seems to be a lot of complaints recently about member conduct. But those complaining rarely give much thought into how difficult it is to run a forum where you like to treat members like grown ups and where you try not to police how people conduct themselves. (When that happens - you get accused of being a nanny state!)

So for anyone who is unhappy about how things are run here - please enlighten us by posting a set of rules that YOU would like to see incorporated.

Everyone else can say what they think about those rules. Lets see if a group of rules emerge that most people are happy with.

To keep this thread constructive - please only use this thread for what is outlined above. Any posts that don't will simply be removed.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2016, 10:23 PM

Re: Your Rules - Part 1

Azz ... the rules already in place are perfect so do not need any amendments ... we just need everyone to abide by them and have respect for other members.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2016, 10:23 PM

I fail to see any problem at all, if folks want to gripe, so what, it's all part and parcel as I see it.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2016, 10:26 PM

Never get it get to you,should someone strike my cheek I turn my head-then kick them in the goolies.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2016, 10:27 PM

Best of luck with that Azz ... you're a brave chap.

For what it's worth I have no complaints about the modding and rules.
The rules are fair and the mods manage to keep a light hand on the tiller. In short, they already do a great job.

I'd think twice about changing the rules over what, put bluntly, seems to be down to members been a little over boisterous with each other ... unless of course the majority want them changed.

Right .. I was supposed to be taking a break .... so I shall trotter off.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2016, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
Azz ... the rules already in place are perfect so do not need any amendments ... we just need everyone to abide by them and have respect for other members.
That's what I think as well Myrtle
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2016, 10:29 PM

I would like a rule about keeping posts about the subject matter not personal attacks on the poster.
I would like explicit sexual references to be kept to the adult section.
Rules for these already exist I believe.
As I find these things uncomfortable.
That is all.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2016, 10:49 PM

sexual references? One should keep these amongst adults. As she sucked on his pipe loaded with a good shag. Not that tobacco smoking is something to condone-but a double entendre never hurt anyone
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2016, 10:52 PM

That's not what I meant and you know it OG there's sexual and sexxxual!
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs

01-01-2016, 10:54 PM

One teases

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top