Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2010, 08:20 PM

Poor me

I have never had hay fever until last year - at least I thought it was hay fever. It must have been because I have the same symptoms again now.

My eyes are really sore and red and I can't stop sneezing.

Folk remedies please....................

(I have tried the drugs from the chemist and they don't work)
Stella
New Member!
Bristol
Stella is female 

19-04-2010, 08:28 PM

Re: Poor me

Poor you, I have suffered for years, Antihistamanes don't work for me,
so I use Beconase nasal spray, it takes a day or two to kick in,I find it very good.
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2010, 08:41 PM

I feel totally miserable - my kid sister used to get it and I felt for her. Now she doesn't have it. Why now I am older would it happen???
mickypoppins
Colchester, uk
mickypoppins is female  mickypoppins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2010, 08:58 PM

Salt water sniffing can be very helpful and does not interfere with the body's chemical intelligence to the same extent that patented products do. People use a neti pot

https://www.shopholistic.co.uk/viewc...advert=newneti

Also another remedy is to eat local honey.

My son has had hay fever for years and both the above helped him when commercial products failed.
mickypoppins
Colchester, uk
mickypoppins is female  mickypoppins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2010, 09:00 PM

Also just found this web page which looks interesting

http://www.medibee.co.uk/pollen-capsules.php
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK

19-04-2010, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by mickypoppins ->
Salt water sniffing can be very helpful and does not interfere with the body's chemical intelligence to the same extent that patented products do. People use a neti pot

https://www.shopholistic.co.uk/viewc...advert=newneti

Also another remedy is to eat local honey.

My son has had hay fever for years and both the above helped him when commercial products failed.
Thanks for that - think I will try the local honey first
Niftyfifty
New Member!
Gateshead, UK
Niftyfifty is female 

19-04-2010, 09:28 PM

Antihistamines don't agree with me either so I just treat the symptoms - nasal spray for the nose and eye drops for the eyes. 'Luckily' for me my hayfever is mainly brought on by trees so mainly a problem the first few weeks of Spring and then settles down a lot after that.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2010, 10:44 PM

Can't offer advice as I've never had it; perhaps an unusually heavy concentration of tree pollen this season that's overwhelmed your immune system?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2010, 11:12 PM

My SIL is a hayfever sufferer and someone told him years ago to dab some vaseline on his nostrils on bad days and that helps to trap the pollen. He says it does help a lot but doesn't cure it...
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2010, 11:52 PM

I had it for one day quite a few years ago - my dietician friend told me to drink lots and lots of water... and that did the trick! Never had it again *touch wood*

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top