Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 09:17 PM

The Ego !!!

So I was at a restaurant today having lunch. I had a seat by the window. The window had a reflected glass so the sun's rays could not come in. In a window glass of this type, the outside is like a mirror, so those passing by could see their reflection. Those seated inside could not be seen by those outside.

As I had my lunch it was entertaining to observe almost all that passed by the mirror like window, took the time to glance at themselves. Some even paused a bit to check their shirt or their hair. Its the Ego at work. Humans have an intrinsic need to be validated.

If the mirror had not been invented, how would our Ego cope wiith the lack of attention ???
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 09:56 PM

Re: The Ego !!!

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->

If the mirror had not been invented, how would our Ego cope wiith the lack of attention ???
Attention comes from others.

Those who seek it will be rewarded .... or not !
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 10:02 PM

Sorry Painter but the only time I look in a mirror is when I'm shaving.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 10:07 PM

We' have to spend a lot of time looking into puddles...
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 10:16 PM

Its the Ego at work. Humans have an intrinsic need to be validated.

At a guess, I would say that a number of us feel inadequate in some way.

Not everyone has been blessed with fabulous thick, ravishing hair, a flawless complexion and a body of perfect proportions, yet we are constantly bombarded, in the media, or on film, images of the current trend of what is considered to be the 'perfect' human being and ADs for cosmetic surgery.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Attention comes from others.

Those who seek it will be rewarded .... or not !
Yeah but.. if someone told me I had big ears like Dr. Spock, it would all be very confusing for me, cause I would have no way of verifying that statenent and would have to take peoples word for it.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

30-12-2015, 10:23 PM

Yeah but.. if someone told me I had big ears like Dr. Spock, it would all be very confusing for me, cause I would have no way of verifying that statenent and would have to take peoples word for it.
Hmmmm ... you could feel them with your hands, measure them with a ruler ... or just 'look in a puddle'
eyes_of_a_painter
n

30-12-2015, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Sorry Painter but the only time I look in a mirror is when I'm shaving.
Shaving my brother Alan is part of the Ego trip. Tbe Ego masquerades itself in many ways. You are a Casanova even though you choose not to admit it here..
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

30-12-2015, 10:25 PM

Shaving my brother Alan is part of the Ego trip. Tbe Ego masquerades itself in many ways. You are a Casanova even though you choose not to admit it here..
Oooooo ... does this mean you have a HUGE beard ?
eyes_of_a_painter
n

30-12-2015, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
We' have to spend a lot of time looking into puddles...
Thats exactly why the mirror was invented. The pond was filled with piranhas and when people go up close and personal to view their reflection, the piranha came up and bit their nose off,

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top