Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 07:31 PM

Kind or crazy?

Whilst waiting at the station before she starts work my wife was approached by a young lady who in a bit of a panic explained that she had tried to get on the Scarborough bus only to find that the bus driver the previous day had given her a single ticket instead of a return and she wasn't allowed to travel unless she paid again.she didn't have any money on her, so she said She asked my wife if she could give her the fare ( I assume she meant some of the fare and she would ask around to see if she could more ) my wife agreed and the relieved young lady promised to pay her back even going into a nearby shop to get a used till receipt and a pen so my wife could write her name and address so she could send the money back, the fare was £8.50, and my wife gave her a tenner, the girl was quite taken aback not expecting so much , gave my wife a hug and departed promising to repay her, so, do you think she was genuine or has my wife lost a tenner?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 07:34 PM

Re: Kind or crazy?

Hopefully genuine - have heard a few stories like this and the person always has sent the money to the giver ..............
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 07:55 PM

That sounds genuine enough to me Primus, nice of the wife to help out.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 07:58 PM

Hope it was genuine, but the cynic in me thinks possibly otherwise...
ScottishCatLady
Moray, Scotland.
ScottishCatLady is female  ScottishCatLady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 08:02 PM

I'm not sure she was genuine, but for the sake of £10 (and if it is a one-off) it is better to give the girl a chance. If she was genuine I wouldn't have wanted her to be stuck, and if not £10 isn't much to lose.
Beki
Edinburgh, Scotland
Beki is female  Beki has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 08:09 PM

Only time will tell but we cannot allow the few bad people to destroy our faith in human nature. Your wife did a really good thing & even if she does not hear from the recipient she may have changed the way someone lives their life.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 08:37 PM

I think she may have been genuine and after all isnt it better to try and have faith in people
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 08:43 PM

I don't trust anyone anymore, especially strangers on the road. If I gave money Iwould of departed without expecting anything in return...
Browbeaten
manchester
Browbeaten is male  Browbeaten has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 08:44 PM

I don't believe she was genuine, but I truly hope that she was.
Looking on the dark side she knows where you live.
Is your wife out at the same time each day?
Are you out too?
Sorry to worry you..
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Browbeaten ->
I don't believe she was genuine, but I truly hope that she was.
Looking on the dark side she knows where you live.
Is your wife out at the same time each day?
Are you out too?
Sorry to worry you..
Same thought had occurred to me...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top