Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2010, 08:15 AM

Racism

I dont want to upset anyone so please only read on it this subject is not offensive to you.

What is racism?

Is making a joke about anothers beliefs,ie, religion, way of life, eating habits,membership to a particulay society etc racism?

I have lived amongst all different creeds and we always used to make fun of each other.
One of my best friends was from African decent and we used to call each other Honky and NigNog.
No-one ever complained until one of these PC idiots heard us shouting good bye to each other and complained of 'My' racist comments, not my friends, to a passing Policeman who immediately accosted us both. After hearing our side of the story he just laughed and said dont do it where 'goody two shoes' can hear.

IMO racism is only that, if, you intend it to be.

What are your views?
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2010, 09:36 AM

Re: Racism

No rooms for Irish and Coloured

Denying rights to those not of a particular race,colour or creed

That is racism.

Saying "they are taking our jobs,send them home" is another form of racism.

Having a friend whom you may call `nigger` for them to say "what`s up honky ghost"-is just banter
mickypoppins
Colchester, uk
mickypoppins is female  mickypoppins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2010, 09:48 AM

What you and your friend were doing was making fun of stupid people who are actually racist.

Laughing at ourselves is a sign of mental wellness.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2010, 10:08 AM

Us Scots, after coloureds, are the most maligned race in the UK . . . I used to go to London frequently and as soon as I opened my mouth some stepped back in horror . . . they call us mean and tight with cash . . . this could be true BTW . . . at football matches Scots got an awful reputation but the biggest offenders were the English . . . och aye the noo.

I'm no bigot BTW, but I do object to the economic immigrants coming here at the moment from the eastern block . . only last nigh in Asda there were six polish guys all in for a booze takeaway.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2010, 10:32 AM

but I do object to the economic immigrants coming here at the moment from the eastern block . .

Here just a few miles away from `Fenland` most crops are harvested by those from abroad-and why??. Because an awful lot of white ` yoofs` cannot be bothered to get up and put in a hard days` work.

Oh yea-they take our jobs but I`m not going to work wiv immigrunts
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2010, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
Us Scots, are the most maligned race in the UK . . . I used to go to London frequently and as soon as I opened my mouth some stepped back in horror . . .

What do you expect???????

Give us are goal posts back and all will be forgiven
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2010, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
What do you expect???????

Give us are goal posts back and all will be forgiven
Ha ha . . . I remember that day with fond memories.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs

19-04-2010, 02:07 PM

When will we ever learn?-Let us remember those Polish and Czech pilots who flew in the Battle of Britain. Many were `sent back` to their death
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2010, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
Us Scots, after coloureds, are the most maligned race in the UK . . . I used to go to London frequently and as soon as I opened my mouth some stepped back in horror . . . they call us mean and tight with cash . . . this could be true BTW . . . at football matches Scots got an awful reputation but the biggest offenders were the English . . . och aye the noo.
I used to work with some Scots and every time we went out drinking one of them always had to go to the loo when it was his turn to pay. We cured him though, when he went to the loo once we all got large whisky's in and waited until he returned and had to pay for them. He never went to the loo again when it was his turn.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2010, 02:23 PM

Racism - is when you treat someone in a negative manner because of their skin colour/ethnic background.

Having fun amongst friends is just that - but if you start 'shouting' stuff in earshot of others then they may find it offensive (how do they know you're best buddies?). As it's a sensitive issue - if you are going to have banter with your mate then you have to make sure it's just between the two of you.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top