Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2015, 02:14 PM

Many a True Word

Many a True Word Spoken In Jest.........Do you believe this to be true\?
I personally think its right ...I think lots of people say their true thoughts in jest thinking nothing will be thought of them.. What do you think?
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2015, 02:26 PM

Re: Many a True Word

I think all truth is personal, so more thsn likely it will not fit with others standards. One needs to be flexible and respectful with other peoples thoughts.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2015, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Many a True Word Spoken In Jest.........Do you believe this to be true\?
I personally think its right ...I think lots of people say their true thoughts in jest thinking nothing will be thought of them.. What do you think?
Oh! absolutely Aysa.
Absolutely.

I mean.
If you look in Rachels new thread regarding her cats.
I have some things to say there about putting her cats in a cage for the night.
Also suggested closing all threads here in this general forum respect of cats and dogs.

BUT!

Am I jesting, or am I telling the truth?
Go on.
You tell me!
Indigo
UK
Indigo is female  Indigo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2015, 03:21 PM

Yes, I do believe this is true, and it can be done completely innocently. On the other hand, it can be done maliciously, by making a so-called joke about something which is actually an act of verbal aggression.

If the butt of the aggression retaliates, then you get the response "what's wrong with you, can't you take a joke?" So they have attacked you - at the same time sealing off your opportunity to respond.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2015, 04:53 PM

Depends on how it is interpreted, banter or belligerence, ive experienced both
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2015, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
I think all truth is personal, so more thsn likely it will not fit with others standards. One needs to be flexible and respectful with other peoples thoughts.
I agree
Some people use the phrase 'I was only joking' but feelings are hurt even so ....................
Think before you speak, would be nice if more people did that
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2015, 08:00 PM

It depends on how it is taken,not everyone has the same sense of humour and what seems funny to one does not always seem funny to another ,so feelings often get hurt When no malice is intended
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2015, 08:26 PM

I jokingly said to my colleagues in the salon where I worked when I was eighteen, that the childless older woman who owned the greengrocers was having a baby! A few months later, she was!!
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2015, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Oh! absolutely Aysa.
Absolutely.

I mean.
If you look in Rachels new thread regarding her cats.
I have some things to say there about putting her cats in a cage for the night.
Also suggested closing all threads here in this general forum respect of cats and dogs.

BUT!

Am I jesting, or am I telling the truth?
Go on.
You tell me!
My thread was on the Pets/animals board and knowing you so well. I'd say you were avin a larf

Originally Posted by Indigo ->
it can be done maliciously, by making a so-called joke about something which is actually an act of verbal aggression.

If the butt of the aggression retaliates, then you get the response "what's wrong with you, can't you take a joke?" So they have attacked you - at the same time sealing off your opportunity to respond.
There are also those bullies who, when challenged, will pretend it was 'only a joke' ... seen it so many times.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2015, 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
My thread was on the Pets/animals board and knowing you so well. I'd say you were avin a larf

There are also those bullies who, when challenged, will pretend it was 'only a joke' ... seen it so many times.
Thank you Rachel
Yes, you got that right.
I am just 'avin a larf while doing a gentle wind up.
I think!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top