Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2015, 01:09 AM

The Invisible Man

I was having lunch the other day and suddenly noticed that no one was paying attention to me. It was as if I wasn't there. For sure I was, because across the room was a mirror and I could see my reflection. Why was I being ignored ? Were others fearful of me ? Or maybe, just maybe, my physical body was not actually accupying any real space in time ?

I finished my lunch, paid my bill and got up to leave the room. I passed one table and then another table and no one, not no one, took notice of me. I made my exit from the restaurant into the hall of the mall and as I was walking, those that I encountered did not even notice me. And those that did, it was as if they were looking right through me. In my desperation to be acknowledged I tried to make eye contact with some. I smiled and even greeted them. Yet, despite my efforts there was no recognizable response.

Upon leaving the mall I crossed the street and almost get hit by a car. What is going on here, is there no value anymore for human life or maybe the driver did not see me ? I jump in my car, roll down the windows, crank up the music full blast, yet the car parked alongside me pays no attention. Its as if my being is not reflected in the eyes of humanity.

I look down at my watch and notice that I am running late for my next appointment. I push down on the gas and intentionally blast through a red light. Yet, the police officer that was there makes no effort to chase me down. It was as if I was the invisible man.

When I got home that night I reviewed in my mind the days events. Could it be that there are way too many people walking on this old Earth of ours and thus for the mistrust ? How then can I become an instrument of change and to become noticed ? Not sure what the answer might be to that question. But for sure as of tomorrow I will greet the world totally nude. Hopefully then, I the invisible, will become, I the visible.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2015, 04:21 AM

Re: The Invisible Man

Your not called Wally by any chance, trying to see him can be hard.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2015, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Your not called Wally by any chance, trying to see him can be hard.
A very good point you make. I am familiar with Wally and how hard it can be to pinpoint him in a pcture or drawing. Actually my story here conveys a reality with those of us who live in a big city. The more the people huddled together in a area, the more the mistrust. Whereas, if one lives in a small town, people are much more friendly and open with one and other.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2015, 08:27 AM

You must be related to my husband. He reckons he's Lon Chaney, man of a thousand faces. He's been going into his local for years, chatting away to the barmaid and staff, exchanging news and so on with customers. He will meet one of them in the street, say hello and received "who are you?" and puzzled looks. This happens time and time again. He says he could rob a bank and nobody would ever be able to identify him!
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2015, 08:56 AM

Rodolfo you were not completely ignored as someone accepted payement for your bill. So your definately not the Invisible man. ☺
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2015, 08:59 AM

It's a pity the Waiter spotted you, otherwise you could have had a Freebie.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2015, 09:02 AM

There is one person who will always be aware of you presence, the Geezer at the Council Tax Office.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2015, 09:27 AM

Once You reach the age of 65+ You automatically become invisible or so it seems at times,especially where young Folks are concerned,...walking around naked will certainly get You noticed and You'll probably get Your pic' in the 'daily wail' as well..fame at last
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2015, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
I was having lunch the other day and suddenly noticed that no one was paying attention to me. It was as if I wasn't there. For sure I was, because across the room was a mirror and I could see my reflection. Why was I being ignored ? Were others fearful of me ? Or maybe, just maybe, my physical body was not actually occupying any real space in time ?
Sounds like an average day in my life. stevmk2
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2015, 10:34 AM

Steve I always notice and read your posts on here .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top