Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2015, 04:38 PM

Dreamies for cats

My two were given a packet of those a few months ago and initially said they weren't interested.

A couple of days later, Edie tried one ... and they are now both addicted to them.

Has anyone else found that their cats are addicted to 'treats' ?
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2015, 04:52 PM

Re: Dreamies for cats

Hi Rachel. I don't give my two cats treats.
Saying that my neighbour has been giving her 3 cats these
things and they are now addicted.
It does mention on the packet they are just a treat for
now and again. If you start giving them more than the dosage
of about 3 or 4 a day you are overdosing them.
Sounds a bit like drugs to me.

Cut them off them for a while and see how you go.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2015, 04:56 PM

I just add one or two to my cats dry food which they get now and then. They won't eat it without Dreamies!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2015, 04:58 PM

I don't give Cassie any cat treats as I puzzle why the packet states you shouldn't give more than a certain amount a day In my eyes that shows they aren't any good for a cat's health.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2015, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I don't give Cassie any cat treats as I puzzle why the packet states you shouldn't give more than a certain amount a day In my eyes that shows they aren't any good for a cat's health.
I must admit I was apprehensive about them and this is the only packet I've bought since I've been home.

Edie is a piggy and will try to eat his too, so when these are finished I think it would be sensible to not buy more.

Possibly, they might be useful when the cats need medication ... crushed Dreamies and a tablet might make it easier
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2015, 06:27 PM

When I read Dreamies for cats ...I thought...oh well never mind

Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2015, 06:30 PM

My cat was very keen on Dreamies at first but the novelty soon wore off !
They are quite handy when you have a cat who is fussy and difficult to feed as mine is .
Malc.27
Pembroke U.K.
Malc.27 is male  Malc.27 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2015, 06:57 PM

Hi Yes,
I also have had similar concerns about those products...I think they could be 'addictive'. I noticed that the package states " ...the treat that cats CRAVE"...Why would they use the term 'CRAVE'? You would think that the word 'ENJOY' would be more suitable, if they hadn't any ingredients that were addictive?
To be honest, our cat has far more than she should have...
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

24-12-2015, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Malc.27 ->
Hi Yes,
I also have had similar concerns about those products...I think they could be 'addictive'. I noticed that the package states " ...the treat that cats CRAVE"...Why would they use the term 'CRAVE'? You would think that the word 'ENJOY' would be more suitable, if they hadn't any ingredients that were addictive?
To be honest, our cat has far more than she should have...
To sum up ... use them to intice your cat in, or to administer meds
Deborah2307
Weymouth Dorset
Deborah2307 is female  Deborah2307 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2015, 08:16 PM

My daughter has 2 cats and she calls them 'Heroin for cats'. Her cats are addicted to them

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top