Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2015, 03:58 PM

Remembering our loved ones.

I'm just back from the cemetery where I took wreaths for mums grave and one for my Grandma & granddad too.
I had what could only be described as a surreal experience...

As I stood there in the rain remembering them, I could see the roof top of the house I was brought up in. I had visions on my young self running & playing with my friends in the fields next to the cemetery (Now a housing estate) It seemed so real - I didn't even notice the rain - in my imagination it was summer. I realised tears were streaming down my face and they still were when I walked back to the car - good thing nobody was about...

Do you take flowers/wreaths to your loved ones grave at Christmas?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2015, 04:03 PM

Re: Remembering our loved ones.

Sending hugs Carol.

As my Mum's birthday is 10 days before Christmas she gets a wreath from brother, and plants from a few of us.
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2015, 04:21 PM

My Mam's birthday on 23rd and my Dad always gave her Daffodils on that day,he used to hunt high and low for them.I put Daffodils on their grave around the 23rd every year-I will be visiting the cemetery tomorrow to do so.I visit their grave every month but this time of the year seems special.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2015, 04:40 PM

Carol - brought a tear to me eye you did - I know exactly what you mean
A lovely memory tinged with sadness
To all members experiencing the same - good wishes to you all xx
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2015, 04:46 PM

I dont go to lay a wreath on my loved ones grave as I keep them in my heart all year round,I can see how nice it is to do that though but its not ever something I do personally.
Have a wonderful xmas Carol x
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2015, 04:55 PM

my sis keeps mum/dad 2 brothers..grave nice -always flowers and washed down every 3months ...funny how u forget like their voices' i have to really think of her' so i can hear it ....
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2015, 04:59 PM

I don't put wreaths on any of the graves as we live too far away from where they are all buried, I too believe they are with me all the time and I always said I would buy flowers for the house and remember them that way.

We also have a memorial patch in the garden where as we are passing to go to the garage we stop and have a few words.

It is not morbid it brings comfort to us.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2015, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
I don't put wreaths on any of the graves as we live too far away from where they are all buried, I too believe they are with me all the time and I always said I would buy flowers for the house and remember them that way.

We also have a memorial patch in the garden where as we are passing to go to the garage we stop and have a few words.

It is not morbid it brings comfort to us.
Shirley ,its a lovely idea to have a patch in the garden as a memorial as I like to do that too..I definately dont see anything morbid in it either ,I beleive that anything that brings comfort can only be a good thing
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2015, 05:36 PM

Some of my Dad's ashes are in Devon, some in the garden of their house (now sold) and the rest at a crematorium. I've not been to Devon for decades and only went to the crematorium for Mum's funeral.

So ... nope I don't do anything
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2015, 05:37 PM

I've been to my mother's grave today

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top