Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2015, 01:03 PM

Come on you rich help the flood victims

Just a though wouldn't it be a great gesture if all these rich footballers such as Rooney and these so called Pop stars put their hands in their pockets and helped these poor flood victims so they could at least have some sort of Christmas. Maybe they have helped but i haven't heard anything have you?
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2015, 01:24 PM

Re: Come on you rich help the flood victims

A great gesture from a Football team for you Doc

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/spo...-car-park.html
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2015, 01:36 PM

To be fair many do a lot for the homeless at Christmas. And many more are very active in charities all year round.

Could do more obviously but many do try to help.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2015, 01:49 PM

More here Doc .

http://www.in-cumbria.com/Roger-Moor...606d946c7c7-ds

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...andmother.html

News & StarNews
FLOOD APPEAL TOPS £1.2MILLION
Published at 22:36, Saturday, 05 December 2015
A fund to help those devastated by the floods has just topped the £1.2 million mark.

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/1m...tims-1.1231373
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2015, 01:55 PM

Great well done to those that do help as i do in my own little way☺
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2015, 06:29 PM

We should try and do a little bit , if we can but I agree with DOC these rich Footies and Stars should dig a little deeper.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2015, 08:04 PM

I agree Doc they could dig a little deeper,I mean its not as if theyre on the breadline is it...and yes I know most of them probably do help out with charities,but how much would it actually take if several high earners got together and all made a contribution...

I did say here Plantman about giving to charity
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2015, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
I agree Doc they could dig a little deeper,I mean its not as if theyre on the breadline is it...and yes I know most of them probably do help out with charities,but how much would it actually take if several high earners got together and all made a contribution...
How do you know they don't? For famous people the problem with advertising the fact that you give generously is that they would be castigated for being flash, so I would think many would rather give to good causes on the quiet and be thought of as stingy.... there really is no winning for them...
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2015, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
How do you know they don't? For famous people the problem with advertising the fact that you give generously is that they would be castigated for being flash, so I would think many would rather give to good causes on the quiet and be thought of as stingy.... there really is no winning for them...
Excuse me Plantman BUT I DID say that I know a lot of them give to charities .....how much does one person need to live a comfortable life ???? thats all im saying....the amounts of money some have nowadays is just obscene when there are needy people in the world
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2015, 09:02 PM

I too have been thinking /wondering how many comfortable/well off people respond to these adverts to help the homeless, £19/20 is nothing to them,so I wonder how many do give

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top