Join for free
opheila
North Jersey, US
opheila is female  opheila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2015, 02:50 AM

Christmas Trees?

Another senior site I frequent...almost everyone is done having a Christmas tree. A few said they might put up a fake one just for the grandchildren. A few have tiny glass table trees and that's it. But most seemed so relieved not to bother anymore.

How about all of you? The same thing? Is it something you consider a chore now? I'm just curious...we went and got a live tree a few days ago. Hubby can't lift and I'm short so we just got around a five foot high tree.

The smell is the first thing I love. The car, porch and house all filled with heady pine. Not a smell that can come from a candle or spray. Setting it up is a bit tricky but the kids got it in the stand and son all but pitched the lights on.

Then the best part. We have the computer next to the tree so all three of us took turns with YouTube. Playing our favorite holiday tunes and pulling out ornaments. Virtually every ornament has a story.

It's not like some folks that decorate with a theme or color family. Each of our ornaments represent a different child, year, place where we lived, maybe the store it came from, childhood stories for the ones that were mine.

I plan to always have a tree. Even if someday my retirement is a cardboard box and stealing cat food. I will have an evergreen branch. It was just so special doing those ornaments today.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2015, 07:29 AM

Re: Christmas Trees?

I love my tree.
I dont care if its only OH and myself I love the sparkle and the lushness of the greenery..
Ok mine is a fake these days but each year I pack it away with little bags of spices so that I have a fake tree that smells of cinnamon cloves and fir..

Each to their own but I love the sight of a tree in the house.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2015, 09:36 AM

I love Christmas trees - real ones - and until Nemo (aka Techno Cat) arrived had no problems with them - but - he loves to climb, he loves to rearrange the lights/baubles, he loves to eat tinsel then redecorate his kitty tray ... etc., etc., It seemed cruel to trees!!

I do, however, have dozens of Santas who escape from the loft every year and even Nemo won't risk an empty stocking by interfering with them!

Willow is a good puss and just ignores anything that isn't food !

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2015, 10:09 AM

I don't have a Christmas tree or decorations , it's pointless clutter to me ...
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2015, 10:56 AM

No tree????????

Hang on, i wrote a post about my tree in another tree thread, or did I dream it?
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2015, 11:27 AM

Haven't had a tree for years. I think living alone has something to do with it.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top