Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2015, 01:01 AM

Fashion Models

France is bringing out a new law to ban the stick-thin models from fashion shows and advertising.
Models working without a health certificate, as well as their bosses, will face jail!
They are saying "it is intolerable to promote malnutrition or glorify anorexia."

What do you think about super-skinny models?
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2015, 01:04 AM

Re: Fashion Models

I think they look awful ... Bones protruding .... Yuk !!!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2015, 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
I think they look awful ... Bones protruding .... Yuk !!!!

Yes. Then the more rotund ladies buy their clothes and wonder why they don't look quite the same on them.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2015, 09:37 AM

I think it will change though - needs someone like Vic Beckham to lead the way
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2015, 10:19 AM

Patsy , Victoria Beckham is stick thin ! How would she lead the way ?

Would she promote and show her fashions on the normal size women of today I wonder.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2015, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Patsy , Victoria Beckham is stick thin ! How would she lead the way ?

Would she promote and show her fashions on the normal size women of today I wonder.
Susan - what's the point of smilies if people just ignore them
I was being facetious - here comes the smiley
Indigo
UK
Indigo is female  Indigo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2015, 10:53 AM

I applaud France's new legislation regarding skinny models. Of course clothes designers want them to be tall and emaciated to make the clothes drape better - so THEY think.

I think that being very skinny is very unhealthy as well as being unattractive. You only have to look at the haggard face of someone like Victoria Beckham to know that being a size zero must be bad for one's general health - she looks like someone 15 years older. Ditto the Hollywood actresses with work done to their hollow faces and skeletal bodies who look like zombies.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2015, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
France is bringing out a new law to ban the stick-thin models from fashion shows and advertising.
Models working without a health certificate, as well as their bosses, will face jail!
They are saying "it is intolerable to promote malnutrition or glorify anorexia."

What do you think about super-skinny models?
Would that not constitute a breach against their human rights?

Also it could also be considered intolerable to promote tele-tubbies
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2015, 11:10 AM

Some of them at the moment may just as well hang the clothing on hangers rather than women. I don't think real women wear the clothes anyway , do we ?

What worries me is how many children emulate them, the thinspiration websites, proana sites etc that is what needs shutting down at the same time as promoting fit healthy figures on the cat walks.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

20-12-2015, 11:37 AM

This made me wonder whether they have cat walks for 'larger ladies' as well - do they?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top