Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2015, 10:14 AM

Brother can you spare a dime ???

In my city not a day goes by that I don't encounter a homeless person at a street corner or traffic light asking for money. There are different reactions from different people regarding the homeless.

An investigative report was conducted by a news reporter just this past week. He dressed up as a homeless person for about an hour at a busy street corner to beg for money. After an hour he gathered a total of a little over $13.00. Not bad considering that minimum wage iin my country is $8.50 per hour.

The result may outrage some. Because the begger,if he is a true beggar at all, is receiving something for nothing. And then one asks, does not the homeless get help in regards to shelter and food ? So, what will the additional free money be used for ?

In the end should a philanthropist be asking these questions? Or should he act as selfless servants of
humanity, mindless of the final outcome of his money ?

Inquiring minds want to know...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2015, 10:18 AM

Re: Brother can you spare a dime ???

I don't have an enquiring mind where the homeless is concerned
Its an absolute nightmare to live on the streets and I pity anyone that does
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2015, 10:23 AM

Being a beggar takes a certain skill set, so, should be rewarded, but what about this link, in the UK, the 31st of January will see due, the first "Staged Payment", for Self Employed people to make to HMRC, where do Beggars stand on this, also, the tele is full of "Cowboy Builders", and the like, who take £thousands off folks for bogus projects, Dom chases them down, but never reports them to the Revenue Department, so it follows that some "Rich" folk are no better than Beggars.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2015, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Being a beggar takes a certain skill set, so, should be rewarded, but what about this link, in the UK, the 31st of January will see due, the first "Staged Payment", for Self Employed people to make to HMRC, where do Beggars stand on this, also, the tele is full of "Cowboy Builders", and the like, who take £thousands off folks for bogus projects, Dom chases them down, but never reports them to the Revenue Department, so it follows that some "Rich" folk are no better than Beggars.

I stopped watching Watchdog because of this
Infuriated me that they 'still' paid the dodgy workman
They should have confronted him - no payment
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2015, 10:51 AM

"Badges! badges! I don't want no stinking badges"? Who gets the connection?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

19-12-2015, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
"Badges who wants stupid badges"? Who gets the connection?

Not me .......................
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2015, 11:34 AM

Patsy i made a mistake with the first saying read the correct one it may trigger the answer ☺
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2015, 11:40 AM

Just goes to show that conmen exist through all levels of society, and as usual those in genuine need will suffer, by being tagged with the wretches from top to bottom.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

19-12-2015, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Just goes to show that conmen exist through all levels of society, and as usual those in genuine need will suffer, by being tagged with the wretches from top to bottom.
Agree - happens far too often
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

19-12-2015, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Patsy i made a mistake with the first saying read the correct one it may trigger the answer ☺
Sorry Doc - do you mean all being labelled the same ?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top