Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2010, 11:52 AM

Volcanic Ash

How amazing to turn on the television news this morning to see that all air travel has been cancelled due to volcanic ash. I am nearing my sell by date and I have never seen anything like this before.

A volcano has erupted and has caused so much frustration more frustration than even man can cause, quite funny really unless of course you are some poor schmuk who is trying to get somewhere.

In 1986 pilot Eric Moody had all four engines stop due to volcanic ash. He eventually landed the plane safely but since then the dangers of volcanic ash have been taken more and more seriously. What a change it makes to see nature making the news instead of some daft politician who is as helpless against the elements as we are.

Of course this is an act of God so the insurance people won't have to pay out.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2010, 01:31 PM

Re: Volcanic Ash

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8621407.stm
Iceland set to explode, the sun blotted out by volcanic dust and ash. We are all doomed I tell you DOOMED. Is this the beginning of the end of civilisation as we know it? Is it worth planting crops for the Autumn?
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2010, 01:56 PM

DOOMED DOOMED I CAN HEAR YOU IN THE VOICE OF IAN PAISLEY DOOMED.

still makes a change from the politics doesn't it?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2010, 02:23 PM

I hope we get some lovely sunsets because of it
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2010, 03:12 PM

Err, . . .when's ash Wednesday ? . . . is it passed ? . . . . . we's all going about wiv sooty faces up here ya know.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2010, 03:33 PM

And it is lovely and quiet when I live - last plane into Glasgow Airport was the Canadian flight - I live on the flight path and it can be rather noisy when it is hot weather with the windows open! Some planes come in far too low! I heard the one that comes in at about 3.00 am this morning as usual!

Peace, perfect peace!
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2010, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
we's all going about wiv sooty faces up here ya know.
No change there then.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2010, 04:42 PM

That was all over the news here this morning, what a disruption. The power of Mother nature! Have the cameras ready for spectacular sunset pics...
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

15-04-2010, 05:25 PM

I hadn't thought of that, my camera is at the ready, we get some good sunsets anyway so tonight should be special.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2010, 08:31 PM

Did my shopping at Iceland to day.

Paid with my debit card and the cashier asked "Do you want any ashback"

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top