Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2015, 10:43 PM

A new meaning to an old saying

Have you heard the expression about having a frog in your throat?

This almost became a reality for one unlucky Nando's customer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ester-35111514

Anyone gipping yet?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2015, 11:01 PM

Re: A new meaning to an old saying

Yuk disgusting! That’s why I very seldom eat out, you never know what your going to get in your food.
I knew a chap who nearly choked to death on a meal in a Chinese Restaurant here in town back in the 1970’s, his life was saved by a nurse who was dining there, she punctured his neck and inserted the hollow case of a biro for him to breathe, only when they got the obstruction out in the hospital did they discover it was a Rat bone. He was awarded a huge amount in damages (not disclosed) and he’s as right as rain today.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2015, 11:08 PM

Oh lordie! We rarely eat out also, as everything's too far away.
I'm kind of glad after reading those stories!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2015, 12:41 AM

I have never been in a Nandos I think they sell chicken..yuk
It doesn't look much like a frog...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2015, 06:47 AM

It's enough to put you off eating out .... yuk!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2015, 07:39 PM

In a former house I had a LARGE greenhouse in which I kept , not only plants but GREEN TREE FROGS.
They never strayed far from there. At night the males "barked "loudly.

In my pond I kept a colony of YELLOW BELLIED toads.

I feel for this unlucky frog, having crept into the salad factory in the dead of night, then climbing into a lovely and comfortable basket of nice juicy lettuce. Only to find next day she was clingfilm wrapped and delivered to nandos.
The final cruelty & indignity was a human being sick all over her, not that she was aware of it, she had expired. THere a little family of froglets, somewhere, waiting for their mother to return.
Who will take on the onerous task of telling them "Your mother has CROAKED"
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2015, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
It's enough to put you off eating out .... yuk!
I found evidence o LIVER FLUKES in a water creess based salad.
Avoid water cress at all costs. SEE BELOW

Fasciola Hepatica - Liver Fluke

Fasciola hepatica is a parasitic fluke that lives in the liver. In addition to humans it infects cows and sheep. It is known as the common liver fluke and causes a disease called fascioliasis.

The life cycle of Fasciola hepatica starts when a female lays eggs in the liver of an infected human. Immature eggs are discharged in the biliary ducts and taken out in the feces. If landed in water, the eggs become embryonated and develop larvae called miracidia. A miracidium invades an aquatic snail and develops into cercaria, a larva that is capable of swimming with its large tail. The cercaria exits and finds aquatic vegetation where it forms a cyst called metacercaria. A human eats the raw freshwater plant containing the cyst. The metacercaria excysts in the first part of the small intestine, duodenum. It then penetrates the intestinal wall and gets into the peritoneal cavity. It finds the liver and starts eating liver cells. This happens only a few days after the initial contact with the parasite. Usually the larva spends a few weeks just browsing and eating the liver. Then it relocates to the bile duct where it begins its final stage and becomes an adult. It takes about three months for the metacercaria to develop into an adult. Adults are about 3 cm long and 1 cm wide. Adult females can produce up to 25000 eggs per day.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2015, 08:21 PM

Eeek! .... thank you for that Robert!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2015, 09:23 PM

Liver Fluke is the last thing I wanted to know about RJ, and such a complete description too. Oh God, I wonder does Port kill em off?
tina
Lincolnshire
tina is female  tina has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2015, 11:31 PM

Oh my God I love watercress , do you think it is in the farmed water cress that the supermarket sells.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top