Join for free
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2015, 12:30 PM

Poetic Justice?

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/alligator-...3.html#DeeFgcz

Alligator Kills Burglar Who Hid From Police

A suspected burglar who is thought to have hidden from officers in a pond following thefts at a Florida community was killed by an 11ft alligator, authorities have said.

Matthew Riggins, 22, had told his girlfriend he would be in Barefoot Bay to carry out a series of burglaries with another suspect.

Brevard County Sheriff's Major Tod Goodyear said authorities received calls on 13 November about two suspicious men dressed in black walking behind homes in the area.

Deputies said Riggins called his girlfriend to tell her they were being chased and were hiding after they responded to the calls along with a police dog.

Riggins was reported missing the following day. His body was found on 23 November floating in a pond. He had suffered injuries consistent with an alligator attack, Mr Goodyear said.

He told Bay News 9: "He probably went into the lake to hide from the officers and the dog, and came across that gator.

"To hide somewhere to try and get away, and then meeting up with an animal like that, no, I've never had that happen before."

Authorities said Riggins had drowned and the alligator, which behaved aggressively toward divers, was later trapped and euthanised.

The suspect's hand and foot were reportedly found inside the alligator's stomach.

Investigators have said another man thought to have been with Riggins has refused to co-operate. He has not been charged.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2015, 12:32 PM

Re: Poetic Justice?

Nothing poetic about anyone being ripped apart by an alligator
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2015, 12:38 PM

I live in Florida and can testify the dangers we face constantly with these gators. In my neighborhood last week a man was walking his little dog along the shores of a lake. The little dog ventured close to the shoreline and a gator snatched him and took the litte dog to the deep
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2015, 01:00 PM

Well he should not have been going round robbing peoples homes, but that is not a nice way to go.
Browbeaten
manchester
Browbeaten is male  Browbeaten has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2015, 01:27 PM

Perhaps a prime example of " rough Justice? "
Davenorave
Wales
Davenorave is male  Davenorave has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2015, 01:30 PM

I know I am always spouting about justice towards the light fingered and criminally inclined. But if this is natures way of dishing out justice, it is barbaric. Being eaten alive by any animal must rank for most humans at the top of the most horrendous means of death. I see no poetry here.
Browbeaten
manchester
Browbeaten is male  Browbeaten has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2015, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Davenorave ->
I know I am always spouting about justice towards the light fingered and criminally inclined. But if this is natures way of dishing out justice, it is barbaric. Being eaten alive by any animal must rank for most humans at the top of the most horrendous means of death. I see no poetry here.
Well it is certainly a deterrent. I doubt whether he will be violating peoples homes in the future!
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2015, 01:38 PM

Excellent, I am going to get a gator for my back garden.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2015, 02:44 PM

Oops.

LOL
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2015, 03:04 PM

I like poetic justice.
Much more effective than our modern lenient justice system.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top