Join for free
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2015, 12:05 AM

Flood Water

When the fire brigade pump water out of people's homes, what do they do with it? Where can they release it when everywhere is flooded?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2015, 09:37 AM

Re: Flood Water

They don't do it until the flood is going down enough to add that water to what is lying.

I don't remember much about it but we were flooded when I was a little girl, when they pumped out our neighbours home was the first time the water came into ours, so they had to pump us out which flooded our neighbour the other side. They went right down the road doing that.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2016, 01:07 PM

Now snow and freezing temperatures are on the way apparently. If the flood water freezes it going to be dangerous, and then it and the snow will all thaw again!
Doesn't end does it?
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2016, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
When the fire brigade pump water out of people's homes, what do they do with it? Where can they release it when everywhere is flooded?

The flood would have to have gone down before you attempt to pump water out.

Last year when the Thames was in Full flood at Hampton Court some homes with Basement were flooded, the people pumped out the basements them selves after the river had fallen

Do remember one of my walks was from Hampton Court to Kingston I had to turn back as the way was submerged even through the flood levels had fallen at the time.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top