Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2015, 02:15 AM

The Man Who Knew Everything

Is it possible to know everything ? That depends. Because true knowledge is measured by the lack of understanding of others. And then that genius ends up becoming a dunce. Because the more that genius or know all knows, the less he knows. Makes sense ? Think about it.

Which brings us back to the main question. Is it really possible to know everything ? Again, that depends.Because all those that think they know everything, might just know everything there is to know about nothing.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2015, 06:18 AM

Re: The Man Who Knew Everything

NO ! .........or should that be KNOW! Know-alls know some but can't know it all, that's well-known.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2015, 08:25 AM

Depends on the interpretation of knowledge, it could follow that a Genius is not necessarily knowledgeable because they don't have a great capacity to store facts, but, they have the ability to think outside the box, and create new concepts, imo, it is best to be neither.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2015, 09:21 AM

To acknowledge that you never stop learning is the best way to go. I hope I never assume to know everything, cannot imagine it ever happening and yet I have a high IQ, not sure that means anything when your memory starts to fail you. Interesting thread.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2015, 09:22 AM

PS sometimes genius means they lack good solid common sense. Or at least that is my experience.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2015, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Moyra ->
PS sometimes genius means they lack good solid common sense. Or at least that is my experience.
Too true
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2015, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
NO ! .........or should that be KNOW! Know-alls know some but can't know it all, that's well-known.
I see you now know what I know and that knowledge is good
eyes_of_a_painter
n

06-12-2015, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Depends on the interpretation of knowledge, it could follow that a Genius is not necessarily knowledgeable because they don't have a great capacity to store facts, but, they have the ability to think outside the box, and create new concepts, imo, it is best to be neither.
Thinking outside the box is a very good concept. Especially when that box is empty. Can you just imagine if it was full ?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2015, 10:02 AM

I know everything. What was the question again?????
eyes_of_a_painter
n

06-12-2015, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Moyra ->
To acknowledge that you never stop learning is the best way to go. I hope I never assume to know everything, cannot imagine it ever happening and yet I have a high IQ, not sure that means anything when your memory starts to fail you. Interesting thread.
Never stop learning ? Indeed, that is the case. And as previously stated, the more you know, the less you know. Because each step taken on the ladder of knowledge is an awakening to an understanding and a questioning about what that understanding is all about

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top