Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2015, 09:45 PM

My Conversation with History

I was at a sports bar the other day where I struck up a conversation with a middle aged gentleman. Our conversation started off with politics and then, slowly but surely, lingered into history. As we exchanged ideas I was struck by the man's attention to detail, genuineness and so matter of fact about past world events.

As this gentleman spoke he became alive and took on a unique role. He no longer was the reporter, but at that point, the actual actor on stage regarding events in history that took place hundreds and even thousands of years ago. All at that point with the clarity of an eyewitness as he related past historical events.I began to believe that he was a living, breathing, historical figure. Transposed from the late past to the present.

As I gazed into the eyes of this mysterious gentleman, I came to realize that he was holding from me, locked in his heart, a deep sacred secret. Was this man the personification of history ? Suddenly and without warning, as if he felt uncomfortable of my sudden discovery, the man stood up,, abruptly cut short our conversation and left the establishment. Leaving me to wonder if before my eyes history actually had made a true entrance in the form of a man.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2015, 09:55 PM

Re: My Conversation with History

You certainly can make a few words into a story EoaP.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2015, 09:55 PM

You'd be a marvellous story teller painter.

I can imagine a dark night, rain beating hard against an old pub window, and a gale blowing outside.
As people were leaving to start their journey home, all the lights suddenly flickered, then went off. The light from the log fire was all that was left.

You decide to make the most of the situation and begin to tell a story so intriguing, folks gradually began to gather round to listen . . . .
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2015, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
You certainly can make a few words into a story EoaP.
Thank you, Alan. You are a brother and a partner in beer..
eyes_of_a_painter
n

03-12-2015, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
You'd be a marvellous story teller painter.

I can imagine a dark night, rain beating hard against an old pub window, and a gale blowing outside.
As people were leaving to start their journey home, all the lights suddenly flickered, then went off. The light from the log fire was all that was left.

You decide to make the most of the situation and begin to tell a story so intriguing, folks gradually began to gather round to listen . . . .
Sounds like the start of a mysterious story by Alfred Hitchcock..
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2015, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
Thank you, Alan. You are a brother and a partner in beer..
Not just beer Painter, also gin and tonic !
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2015, 10:18 PM

Such a pity I hadn’t bumped into him Rodolfo, I would have nailed his feet to the floor until he told me the truth about my great great grandmother running off with a sailor.
eyes_of_a_painter
n

03-12-2015, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Not just beer Painter, also gin and tonic !
Sounds like a plan..
eyes_of_a_painter
n

03-12-2015, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Such a pity I hadn’t bumped into him Rodolfo, I would have nailed his feet to the floor until he told me the truth about my great great grandmother running off with a sailor.
Sounds like a very adventurous woman..
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK

03-12-2015, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
Sounds like a plan..
.................and cider.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top