Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 08:47 PM

Love and Hate.

Thinking of Mups thread, three little words, we all know the old saying ‘Love and hate are horns on the same goat’ Isn’t it amazing how love can turn to hate with two people? I have been lucky enough to marry the Woman I knew from a girl and never had any reason to be with another Woman, but what is it when you see people ‘In love’ and all over each other, then a few years later they can’t stand the sight of each other?, as I said I don’t know, maybe many things, still it's strange how it can go from one extreme to the other, sometimes in a short time too.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 09:07 PM

Re: Love and Hate.

I think the saying.... Familiarity Breeds Contempt' is very true and this is why sometimes, Love can turn into Hate. With hate comes bitterness which is not a good mix as it destroys you, not the one you hate.

PS. I would hate the words, Love and Hate tattooed on my knuckles as some do!
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
PS. I would hate the words, Love and Hate tattooed on my knuckles as some do!

Ooooo ... Robert Mitchum and Lilian Gish ... Night of the Hunter. Directed by Charles Laughton

Sorry, slightly off topic
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 09:22 PM

Next door neighbours were childhood sweethearts, what I sussed out was, they were both pretty content within their own frames, so, it was no great shakes spending a lifetime together, the problem starts when someone thinks another can be a solution, once the gloss has jaded, capiche.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 09:30 PM

Yes Spitty, that's often the reason for some couples falling apart, the grass is not always greener on the other side, then there's the danger of going from the frying pan into the fire, that sounds very nasty indeed, and no comeback.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 09:53 PM

I could never hate anybody that I'd loved - not unless they'd done me great harm.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I could never hate anybody that I'd loved - not unless they'd done me great harm.
Or were doing your children great harm - then I think I would hate and with vengeance.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I think the saying.... Familiarity Breeds Contempt' is very true and this is why sometimes, Love can turn into Hate. With hate comes bitterness which is not a good mix as it destroys you, not the one you hate.

I think that is very true Arty.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2015, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Thinking of Mups thread, three little words, we all know the old saying ‘Love and hate are horns on the same goat’ Isn’t it amazing how love can turn to hate with two people? I have been lucky enough to marry the Woman I knew from a girl and never had any reason to be with another Woman, but what is it when you see people ‘In love’ and all over each other, then a few years later they can’t stand the sight of each other?, as I said I don’t know, maybe many things, still it's strange how it can go from one extreme to the other, sometimes in a short time too.

In answer to your question Jem - it was never 'love' in the first place, just misguided love, for the wrong reasons
True love is persevering through troubled times and wanting to understand the other - its also true friendship - a union of minds and soul
Well for us anyway
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2015, 10:22 AM

thin line btween both i say ........it can turn on its heels either way =love turns to hate visa versa .....they say if u hate the opposite sex so much u must have deeper feelings than u want to admit for them ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top