Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 12:39 PM

Elementary my dear Watson !

I have always been a fan of Sherlock Holmes. Because its all about the mystery and solving it of course. For years I have studied the deductive capacity of this famous detective, to the point that I have somewhat acquired his ability to solve the unsolvable. So if you have a mystery at hand, do not hesitate to let me know. I will try to come up with an answer, because really folks, its all quite elementary my dear Watson...
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 12:43 PM

Re: Elementary my dear Watson !

I love Sherlock Holmes stuff Ive seen the movies and the series on telly and am currently watching season 3 of Elementary its a cracking good series with Lucy Liu as the brilliant Watson
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 12:50 PM

Another great fan of Holmes here, we had a pub in Dublin where my Dad and I sipped every Friday night, it was called 'The Arthur Conan Doyle' there was Sherlock Holmes memorabilia everywhere, lovely old pub, alas it's gone now.
I wonder have the Doyle estate ever found that long lost unpublished work of his 'The Mystery of the Blind Spider'?
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 12:52 PM

Okay, sounds like a mystery to me. So, if I was to analyze why you like a mystery so much, I would venture to say that you are an inquisitive soul. In a much smaller uninverse you are looking for answers and since the answers do not come out forth right, this series bring a bit of satifaction to your free spirited soul. Because its all quite elemenatary my dear Watson.
eyes_of_a_painter
n

02-12-2015, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Another great fan of Holmes here, we had a pub in Dublin where my Dad and I sipped every Friday night, it was called 'The Arthur Conan Doyle' there was Sherlock Holmes memorabilia everywhere, lovely old pub, alas it's gone now.
I wonder have the Doyle estate ever found that long lost unpublished work of his 'The Mystery of the Blind Spider'?
I have done some investigative research on the unpublished writting and I can say with all confidance that these writings can be found in the secret archives of the Metropolitan Museum. How do I know this ? Because it is all quite elementary my dear Watson
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 01:12 PM

Doesn't the Grand Pooh Bah have this work hidden in his secret hideout?
eyes_of_a_painter
n

02-12-2015, 01:19 PM

Yes he does. In my recent trip to the Himalayas I found a temple located in a secret valley. Since I am a member of a worldwide order that has existed for thousands of years, I was given prevy to the work of the great Pooh Bah. I can tell you that the world is not ready to receive this philosophy, but once revealed, it will revolutionize the world. Because its all quite elementary my dear Watson
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 01:41 PM

The problem with mysteries is I usually solve them before the end, rarely caught out in real life either
I think I have a suspicious mind, comes in handy
eyes_of_a_painter
n

02-12-2015, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
The problem with mysteries is I usually solve them before the end, rarely caught out in real life either
I think I have a suspicious mind, comes in handy
You have a suspicious mind ? My deductive mind tells me that this implies a trust problem.Not surprising in this day in age. Where most try to steal your soul rather than enrich it. How do I know tnis ? You see, its all quite elementary my dear Watson !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 02:05 PM

Yes - I think its good to have a suspicious mind but sometimes it is not good - just makes you more suspicious

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top