Join for free
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2010, 01:05 PM

Petty Gossip

This is what the popes chief cardinal said on Sunday when asked why the pope never mentioned the child abuse all over the world in his speech at the Vatican, . . . that's a nice attitude eh, . . . they shall never get to heaven if that's what they believe.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2010, 01:29 PM

Re: Petty Gossip

Each to their own?? My late Uncle was a radical Baptist who believed the Pope was the Anti Christ,another Uncle was a peeping tom and a methodist Chapel warden.

Whatever you believe in-buggaring little boys is not the way to heaven.

That`s the province of a public School system a few years back now
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2010, 04:44 PM

The actions were deplorable but the cover-up is inexcusable. A shame that a pall is cast over all priests through the actions of some. "Old Boys" mentality, hush it up and pretend it never happened. And I'm writing as a Catholic, although lapsed .....
FayRose
Devon, UK
FayRose is female  FayRose has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2010, 07:15 PM

Don't think I'm allowed to say what I think of the Catholic church on a public forum ..... and I went to a Catholic convent school.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2010, 09:44 PM

I was brought up a Catholic and although I still have my faith, I'm afraid I have no time for the Catholic Church now. Watched a documentary few years ago about how Catholic Priests who had abused children were moved from not only one Parish to another, but from one Country to another-absolutely despicable.......what chance do children have when this happens! Absolutely no-one is above the law and my heart goes out to the victims..........
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2010, 10:17 PM

Is anyone thinking, "What would Jesus do"? We need wholesale resignations.... maybe defrocking!
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2010, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Is anyone thinking, "What would Jesus do"? We need wholesale resignations.... maybe defrocking!
And at the top of the tree too DM.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

06-04-2010, 04:46 PM

I meant him too, Nero.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2010, 05:35 PM

Mark 10:13-14.

Although I guess I am an atheist some verses come to mind. Jesus was talking about love and goodness,not betrayal and abuse

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top