Join for free
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2010, 10:41 AM

Southend Shakedown

I have two main events of my year.

First Christmas day lunch with my daughter AND

The Southend Shakedown...http://londonbikers.com/news/12787/a...hend-shakedown

Will take loads of pictures of the old bikes.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2010, 10:52 AM

Re: Southend Shakedown

Nice one galty, . . have a good day and lets see the pics, . . . they've launched a safety campaign for bikers but in all the years I rode bikes every accident my mates were involved in was due to a stupid car driver.

One friend was badly crippled because a trucker came out of a junction, . . the statistics say that bikes are only 1% of todays traffic but account for 15% of road fatalities, . . the only protection a biker has is the crash helmet so think twice before exiting from a road, . . a bike is only a fraction the width of a car, . . and the "A" posts on modern cars are too dammed broad IMO, . . they act like horse blinkers.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2010, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by nero ->
Nice one galty, . . have a good day and lets see the pics, . . . they've launched a safety campaign for bikers but in all the years I rode bikes every accident my mates were involved in was due to a stupid car driver.

One friend was badly crippled because a trucker came out of a junction, . . the statistics say that bikes are only 1% of todays traffic but account for 15% of road fatalities, . . the only protection a biker has is the crash helmet so think twice before exiting from a road, . . a bike is only a fraction the width of a car, . . and the "A" posts on modern cars are too dammed broad IMO, . . they act like horse blinkers.

Happened to me last week, pulling out into a main road car approching was signiling left look to my left nothing coming and I pulled out and a biker was overtaking, slowly thank god

As an x biker admit my fault non bikers will say it was tghe bikers fault
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex

05-04-2010, 06:46 PM

Bloody freezing wind coming off the sea.

Post more tomorrow
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2010, 10:38 AM

Brilliant galty, . . thanks for that, . . I can smell the oil and petrol mate, . . . the Royal Enfield in the last pic is now made in India, . . a chap near me got a new one two years ago.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2010, 05:51 PM

Unwashed louts and hooligans-thus spoke the fount of all knowledge.*

I really hated my father.

Odd really how he was so prejudice when my Uncle(the Baptist Minister) only had a bike and a sidecar when he took up his first Ministry

* He also said all pop stars were the same
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex

07-04-2010, 07:41 AM

nero
Central Scotland

07-04-2010, 11:28 AM

The bike in pic #1 is a Norton Dommi 99 I think, . . the one in pic #2 is an early BSA A10, . . . the last pic is the last bike I had, . . it's an early BSA Gold Flash, either that or a Shooting Star, . . thanks for the memories galty.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top