Join for free
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 09:14 PM

Masterchef

These food critics on masterchef how do they manage to eat all those meals? Ok sometimes there is a small amount of food left on their plates but they still manage to eat quite a lot. Maybe they are just pigs!
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 09:16 PM

Re: Masterchef

Id love to be a food critic Doc ...they sometimes only ever play around with the food after one mouthful so I dont think theyre ever going to be full up..have you seen the portion sizes theyre given too , not enough to feed a gnat most times lol
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 09:24 PM

They usually only eat a bit of what is a small portion anyway. If you put all of each course from the individual contestants on a plate it would only be about one normal sized meal

I wouldn't like having to go from savoury to sweet and back again, it would confuse my palate .
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 11:16 PM

I wondered what qualifications you needed to become a food critic, considering not everyone has the same palate or taste in food, rather like art I suppose.
Anyway it seems you need a Bachelors degree and experience in journalism and good descriptive communication skills.
They could, although it isn't a requirement, take courses in food and food chemistry.

Considering how hard these chefs work, it does seem a little unfair for some one who is not qualified in the finer arts of producing high quality food to have of these, almost, self appointed critics approve or disapprove their efforts.
Just a thought
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2015, 03:48 PM

omg aysia i would be fat as a pig in muck ...but wot a great job ... .some tasters do get big then u see themmm slim like the 2 who ride bikes' there slim last time i looked ......
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2015, 06:01 PM

Dyou mean the Hairy bikers Toffee?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top