Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 03:58 PM

Junk mail

What do you do with yours? Instead of just binning it why not do as i do use the SAE and send it back to them ? I also add other items of junk mail that came without a SAE when i smoked i even use to empty the ash tray in the envelope naughty i know but they send me their rubbish so they can have mine. 😠
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 04:48 PM

Re: Junk mail

I do the same, send it back to them
I just write 'return to sender' - if its in a plastic bag, I put a label on it with the same request - it works, they soon stop
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I do the same, send it back to them
I just write 'return to sender' - if its in a plastic bag, I put a label on it with the same request - it works, they soon stop
I find that it mostly works but a few ignore it. For those I enclose a standard letter addressed to the 'data base manager' and tell him (or her) to remove the address from their records or I will take legal action.

At the bottom of my letter I put cc and the name of my solicitors (They don't get a copy but the junk mail senders don't know that do they )

That usually takes care of the persistant ones
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 05:44 PM

I used to put it in envelopes and send it to other companies who also sent to me but can't be bothered these days we just have a recycling bin by the front door and it all goes straight in there.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
I find that it mostly works but a few ignore it. For those I enclose a standard letter addressed to the 'data base manager' and tell him (or her) to remove the address from their records or I will take legal action.

At the bottom of my letter I put cc and the name of my solicitors (They don't get a copy but the junk mail senders don't know that do they )

That usually takes care of the persistant ones

I'm surprised they persist when they have to pay the postage to receive their mail back
More money than sense
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 06:15 PM

I just put it in my recycling bin ...done!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

28-11-2015, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
I just put it in my recycling bin ...done!
Can't stand it coming through me door - hardly get any of it now
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 06:33 PM

I don't get cross about it but just tear our address off anywhere it is printed, shred that and dump the rest in the recycle bin.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

28-11-2015, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I don't get cross about it but just tear our address off anywhere it is printed, shred that and dump the rest in the recycle bin.
Its enough doing that with the normal mail, I'd be all day shredding if I allowed all the junk mail to keep coming
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 07:56 PM

I just put them all into the green bin, I'm so used to it now it's just routine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top