Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 06:10 PM

Arts Appreciation

We all have opinions about all the branches of art - one image is fabulous to one, and disliked by another. But I'm sure that we can all appreciate art forms previously unknown from a member who wishes to offer the chance for us to learn something new?

Primitive art from the caves of France, or Australia and Africa?Almost photographic quality portraiture from well known and unknown artists? Recording artist picturing houses and other architectural gems. And so on.

If you are interested in a galaxy of art forms, then put a piccie in of some of your favourite artists or art forms.
Thanks folks.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 08:31 PM

Re: Arts Appreciation

Coming from Derbyshire I would like to mention Well Dressings as an art form

They are supposed to have originated in Derbyshire long before Christianity arrived here, they died out for a time then reappeared in Tissington around 1349 after the village survived the Black Death .

Lots of other counties seen to have adopted Well Dressing but for me only Derbyshire can produce the genuine article .

When I was a child they always depicted religious scenes but there are various subjects now.

Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 08:44 PM

My favorite painter is Joseph Mallord William Turner, he painted Dunstanburgh Castle, many times and in many ways.

And i sat one day waiting for the right moment to photograph the same place.

I like to see and hear all art forms, music, painting, photography, all from talented people.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 08:48 PM

A variation on your lovely photos Meg occurs in Romania. I watch a recent documentary from Romania showing a man in a village who makes what I would call Life Boards. Relatives of a family member give the craftsman/artist photos and other information, so he can carve a surround, and paint scenes in the centre. Sometimes a cross is mounted on top. A kind of illustrated RIP.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB

27-11-2015, 08:55 PM

Lovely painting and photograph (painting with light), and it must be a funny feeling witnessing the scene after such an interval

We have two painting of a pair of old cottages (now one) next to the church in Witley village in Surrey. A lot of Mrs Dobra's family were born and lived around there. I photographed them years ago, but the prints have long gone....
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia
tootsweet is female  tootsweet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 09:55 PM

Clever chainsaw artist

http://i.imgur.com/svlHtrx.webm
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 11:33 PM

I would put my favourite art form on here but the beer in the glass empties too quick
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Dobra ->
A variation on your lovely photos Meg occurs in Romania. I watch a recent documentary from Romania showing a man in a village who makes what I would call Life Boards. Relatives of a family member give the craftsman/artist photos and other information, so he can carve a surround, and paint scenes in the centre. Sometimes a cross is mounted on top. A kind of illustrated RIP.
Dobra they are not made of flower petals like the well dressings then. It takes hundreds of flower petals to make a well dressing.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 12:05 PM

Some beautiful silhouettes from The German artist Annette Schröter

Dobra
Isle of Wight GB

04-12-2015, 07:47 PM

Thanks Solo and Deutsche Welle. Skill, imagination and an understanding of form.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top