Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 11:55 AM

CSENSISM: Dangerous Beliefs And Why They Don't Exist

CSENSISM: Dangerous Beliefs And Why They Don't Exist

There is a lot of unrest in the world today - a heck of a lot of it: the west is under attack - in fact the whole world is under attack from extreme Islamism. I'm going to put forward an hypothesis that to believe in an ideology should be an INFORMED choice only; in other words I intend to educate you about some of the workings of the human brain.

I've watched loads of videos lately in an effort to understand Islamism. The proponents of this belief are very persuasive, genned up on all aspects of their belief making it nigh on impossible to disprove anything they suggest. Therein lies the danger as you could find yourself marching off to Syria before you look around if you are not careful. I have also read loads of forum posts where references to other religious texts belonging to other ideologies are harbouring the same hateful messages as can be found in the Quran. This is of great significance as it can confuse the reader and also give some justification to terrorists and their heinous acts.

Lets step back from the above and take a breather. Phew - breath it all out and relax ...

Before I go on we need to clear the decks - do a mental hard-drive wipe - lets get rid of all preconceived ideas because I'm going to propose that any belief is, and always has been, just a set of ideas and you mustn't take any on face value. I touched on it with my post on Atheism but this time I'm going to greatly expand on it.

Scientists are cold blooded beings - well some are, and they use set conditions to prove a point. I'm going to do exactly this to prove my hypothesis above: 'Dangerous Beliefs And Why They Don't Exist'. I'm going to include passive beliefs in this experiment so we have a more balanced set of results. Lets set up the lab and populate it with lots of human guinea pigs ...

Set Condition 1: all participants have an empty mind with regard to beliefs.
Set Condition 2: all participants are made to be extremely open to suggestion

*v stands for violent
*p stands for passive

Group 1(v) consists of 100 people who are introduced to Christianity - great emphasis on the violent text
Group 1(p) consists of 100 people who are introduced to Christianity - great emphasis on the passive text
Group 2(v) consists of 100 people who are introduced to Judaism - great emphasis on the violent text
Group 2(p) consists of 100 people who are introduced to Judaism - great emphasis on the passive text
Group 3(v) consists of 100 people who are introduced to Islamism - great emphasis on the violent text
Group 3(p) consists of 100 people who are introduced to Islamism - great emphasis on the passive text
Group 4(v) consists of 100 people who are introduced to Nazism - great emphasis on the violent text
Group 4(p) consists of 100 people who are introduced to Nazism - great emphasis on the passive text (is there any?)

Group 5 are taught all the above

Group 6 are not taught anything (control group)

Once all the above have undergone treatment what do we find? Well, if we put them all in the same room together it wouldn't make for a friendly gathering - I think we can all agree on that. Interestingly enough though group 5 and 6 wouldn't show aggression to any of the other groups bar for innate aggressive ones that is. Only group 5 is capable of making objective judgements. Group 6 is blissfully unaware of any belief which satisfies my initial statement that 'dangerous beliefs don't exist' (thereby never existed in the first place - just someone's ideas passed down through the ages). 'So what', I hear you say - 'just a silly experiment'. Is it though? Lets get a bit personal now. See YOU have been included in such an experiment . YOU have been placed in one of these groups. What? 'Don't be so bloody silly, you are talking rubbish - what the hell are you on about?'.

When we are born we satisfy BOTH of the set conditions above ...

Set Condition 1: all participants have an empty mind with regard to beliefs.
Set Condition 2: all participants are made to be extremely open to suggestion

Do you get it now?

Thus endeth my first paper for all followers of CSENSISM (CSENSIBLES). All disciples must read the above thoroughly and then submit their thoughts on the matter below ...

Thank you
MKJ: Founder of CSENSISM
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 11:59 AM

Re: CSENSISM: Dangerous Beliefs And Why They Don't Exist

All I can say is someone said something to me a couple of years ago that actually makes sense IMO

People tend to get the God that mirrors their self so a nice person gets a kind forgiving God and a nasty person gets an unkind nasty God.

It's just a mirror of the person's own personality. No amount of brainwashing will make a nice person nasty and sadly same may be true of nasty people
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 12:16 PM

I believe that is narcissism

Still it's a comfortable theory a tailer made God !
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 12:26 PM

Thus endeth my first paper for all followers of CSENSISM (CSENSIBLES). All disciples must read the above thoroughly and then submit their thoughts on the matter below .
The last thing the world needs now is another 'ism' particularly one dominated by a male .

What we need is a few more sensible women around..
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama
DragonsRealm is male  DragonsRealm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I believe that is narcissism

Still it's a comfortable theory a tailer made God !
Agreed.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 12:31 PM

Amen to that
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama
DragonsRealm is male  DragonsRealm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
The last thing the world needs now is another 'ism' particularly one dominated by a male .

Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/cher...b_1326256.html
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama

27-11-2015, 12:43 PM

I like the Humanist approach.Thanks Megs.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 12:55 PM

I reckon if I made the wording a little stronger (people seem to like more of a show of strength) and then sent it out as propaganda to everyone on the face of this earth it would stop many from becoming nutty extremists, and might well make many extremists question their involvement.

The initial post is merely to set the wheels in motion - brain cogs. Once I have their attention I could really hit home with far more powerful persuasive counter arguments - it might well save a few.

CSENSISM (Common Sense .. ism): The Voice Of Reason.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top