Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 12:35 PM

How do " legal highs" get into prisons?

Just watch a report on the news saying that "legal highs" use is on the increase in UK prisons.
How do the prisoners get hold of them? If they're getting smuggled in why don't they have dogs searching visitors?
Why don't they have barriers between prisoners and visitors?
If the guards are smuggling them in why aren't they searched before their shift?
I don't understand how this is allowed to go on.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 12:38 PM

Re: How do " legal highs" get into prisons?

Because legal is what they are, you can't take legal things away from people - plant food, aerosol cans etc
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 12:53 PM

Surely if they are having the effect of turning prisoners violent they should be confiscated?
I bet they wouldn't let them have "legal knives".
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 01:23 PM

They can't stop illegal drugs getting in so how can they stop anything else ? yes knives do get in or they make them out of toothbrushes etc, ban toothbrushes ? I don't believe there is much a prisoner couldn't make into a weapon if they really wanted to.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

24-11-2015, 01:29 PM

I bet they wouldn't allow the ingredients for making explosives in, they're legal.
Perhaps they should stop anything from outside going in except essential supplies.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I bet they wouldn't allow the ingredients for making explosives in, they're legal.
Perhaps they should stop anything from outside going in except essential supplies.
They are 'not legal' in prison surroundings at all
I can see your confusion on this - drugs have been in the prison system for years and amazingly - still going on
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama
DragonsRealm is male  DragonsRealm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 01:40 PM

All prison's in the states have a store-shop etc.Where with money on the books allows them to purchase everything from soup to candy bars.They can make wine by using fruit raisins,peaches and bread as the yeast,and sugar.Trash bags are easy to come by and they mix it up and keep it in the toilets till it ferments,and after a few days presto bingo you have wine,not exactly table fare,but still able to get them drunk.As far as other stuff,guards bring it in.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by DragonsRealm ->
All prison's in the states have a store-shop etc.Where with money on the books allows them to purchase everything from soup to candy bars.They can make wine by using fruit raisins,peaches and bread as the yeast,and sugar.Trash bags are easy to come by and they mix it up and keep it in the toilets till it ferments,and after a few days presto bingo you have wine,not exactly table fare,but still able to get them drunk.As far as other stuff,guards bring it in.

One big happy family then ..............
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

24-11-2015, 01:42 PM

It all needs a huge shake up!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

24-11-2015, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
It all needs a huge shake up!
I haven't the energy - how 'bout you ................?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top