Join for free
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 02:20 AM

A Day in the Life of a Jogger

Today turned out to be a pretty weird day to go jogging. Allow me to explain..

I was running down this neighborhood road when suddenly I hear a siren. Not wanting the siren to disturb my pace I ignored it. Sudddenly the siren goes off again but this time accompanied by a loud speaker and a commanding voice that says.. Pull over ! I turn around and notice that this police officer is following me. I move over to the curb while I continue to jog in place. As the officer approaches, I ask him.. What seems to be the problem ? Officer looks at me very serious like and tells me to turn off my engine. Not wanting to make the officer mad I follow his orders and stop jogging.

Do you know why I stopped you ? Actually, I have no clue, officer. For starters you were running on the wrong side of the road and traveling way to slow. Sorry officer, I had no clue there were traffic laws that applied to runners. The officer then looked me up and down and tells me to pick up my shirt. Where is your seat belt ? Seat belt ? What seat belt ? I'm simply a runner. Yes, you are, says the officer. But what if your shorts fell while you were running. That could be very dangerous. I will need your Driver's License. Driver's License ? Is this some kind of joke ? You know I could take you to jail for running without a Driver's license ? But, you know what ? Today is your lucky day, so I will only issue you a warning. By the way, says the officer, while he gives me the ticket, I noticed that your rear exhaust pipe was emitting smoke while you were running. Fix that as soon as you can. The city does not appreciate the fact that you are polluting the air.

I quickly grab the ticket from the officer and start my jog again. As I put myself into first gear, I purposely back fire . Simply to allow the officer to realize that the actions of my rear exhaust pipe in no way has the capacity to pollute the environment.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top