Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2015, 10:19 AM

Winter Duvets

I could have cheerfully stayed in bed all day, today.

I have just put my winter duvet on and I was so warm and snug, it was only young Nellie whining to go out that made me get up. Bliss.

Do you change your duvet winter and spring?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2015, 10:22 AM

Re: Winter Duvets

Yes but due to hot flushes I seem to be sleeping on top of the quilt still as if it was the middle of the summer does save on the heating though
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2015, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Yes but due to hot flushes I seem to be sleeping on top of the quilt still as if it was the middle of the summer does save on the heating though
Me too. I bought a new duvet recently, the same tog as my present one, but new and fluffy. I can't get on with it. . Just makes me feel far too hot.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2015, 10:26 AM

I've had my winter duvet on for months now . I so love my bed .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2015, 10:27 AM

I have the 'Fogarty Soft Touch' ones from Dunelm. My winter one is a 13.2 (I think), and it is just perfect. My summer one is only 4 tog.
JainieB
Hampshire UK
JainieB is female  JainieB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2015, 10:30 AM

I treated myself to a lovely goose feather duvet last year and it's wonderful, but I too get hot flushes, though not for the same reasons as Jazzi & Julie, but a side affect of the one and only medication I take.
It certainly does save on the heating.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2015, 10:33 AM

I've got a medium one and a couple of blankets so I can add or take away when it's warm. I don't like heat in the bedroom and always have window open.
In summer I have a quilted bedspread and add a blanket if it gets chilly.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

21-11-2015, 10:34 AM

I've finished with the hot flushes thank goodness, so I'm snug as a bug all tucked up.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2015, 10:38 AM

No I have a chest full of different tog rated duvets but use only one, a fantastic light microfibre duvet from 'Nimbus' which I roll back in the summer .

I also use a sheet under the duvet and as I don't like the untidy look of duvets and a large quilt over the lot So when it is hot I just have a sheet covering .

My bed is my heaven and I am a bit particular about it I spend a quarter of my life in it so it has to be just right. I like crisp white satinised cotton sheets (from Sanderson). none of that polycotton rubbish and defiantly no creases. Expensive but worth every penny .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

21-11-2015, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
No I have a chest full of different tog rated duvets but use only one, a fantastic light microfibre duvet from 'Nimbus' which I roll back in the summer .

I also use a sheet under the duvet and as I don't like the untidy look of duvets and a large quilt over the lot So when it is hot I just have a sheet covering .

My bed is my heaven and I am a bit particular about it I spend a quarter of my life in it so it has to be just right. I like crisp white satinised cotton sheets (from Sanderson). none of that polycotton rubbish and defiantly no creases. Expensive but worth every penny .

Ah Meg, That reminded me of a rather well-to-do lady we had where I worked, she could be quite a fearsome old duck, but I got on with her alright.
When her sheets were changed, she used to make us fold the bottom sheet in half and crease it, and that line had to be dead centre down the bed so the sheet was perfectly equal both sides.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top