Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2015, 05:27 PM

Am I Unreasonable ?

I get so annoyed,My next door neighbour often uses my bins for her rubbish. Now I dont mind her using them ,but she never puts them out [ they are kept at the side of my house facing hers ] ,or brings them in from the street ,where we have to leave them on collection day. She never tells me she uses them, I just find her rubbish [ sometimes wrong] in my bins, after Ive put the bins out, and she will walk straight past them on collection day, after she's been out and never bring them in. I have mentioned before to her about using them ,she just apologises ,says her cleaner has used them.
I know she is in her late 80s, but I am also nearly 80 ,and I know others older who have to do things for themselves, she complains about her heath, [ she has had 2 knee repairs] and says she cant do things, but I also have health/ mobility conditions,and I feel she should take turns at putting them out/ bringing them in.Am I unreasonable ?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2015, 05:30 PM

Re: Am I Unreasonable ?

If she is able enough to do her bit, I see no reason why she shouldn't.
Why does she use yours in the first place?

If you are on friendly terms, can't you say it's getting a bit much for you and would she mind taking it in turns please? Or one of you put them out and one bring them in?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2015, 05:31 PM

No not at all, tip the bin over her front garden that should remind her to use her own in future
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2015, 05:32 PM

Not unreasonable but I hesitate to say she can do it, perhaps she genuinely is struggling ?
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2015, 05:35 PM

It's only rubbish...what difference does it make ?
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2015, 05:39 PM

Sounds much to do about nothing to me, have people nothing better to moan about.

Anyway I thought old people could get old people stickers from the council for their bins, so the collectors lug them in and out.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2015, 06:08 PM

Oh! Dear Deylon.
I remember recenty someone here asking for advice like that, and she got castigated left, right and centre.
So good luck with that!

But in responce to your question.
NO, I don't think you are being unreasonable at all.

And if I were you, I would take realspeeds advice, which is on top of me there!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2015, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
It's only rubbish...what difference does it make ?
Sorry don't mean to make light of the situation, but I had to laugh

Come and live here gal - you'd have a long list of complaints
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2015, 07:42 PM

Our council provides "assisted collection " if you're elderly or disabled they collect it from outside your door so you don't have to trundle it far. We all put our house numbers on them to save getting muddled up. That may be a idea if your neighbour's carer puts stuff in the wrong bin.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2015, 07:47 PM

Good point TessA

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top