Join for free
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2010, 07:33 PM

Should the U.S. be in the Middle East?

I think that the terrorists that attacked the New York Trade Center Twin Towers have already won. When you think about it a handful of radical nut jobs have managed to drag a super power & it's allies into a never ending battle.

The way to succeed in this world is to attack the US and them let them rebuild you for free. I am a Vietnam veteran who is tired of the US government, not the people, getting mired down in another country's politics then wasting our youth's live over what? What's the cause? What do we get out of 7 years of fighting? Now we seem to be war hopping from Iraq to Afghanistan. Here we go again!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2010, 02:48 AM

Re: Should the U.S. be in the Middle East?

North Korea or Iran next. It's quite worrying isn't it.

Some days I think, well these 'backwards' countries need westernising, and then other days I think perhaps we should leave them to their own devices!
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2010, 06:51 AM

think there has to be a massive mind change by America.

They have had two terms of rule by an unblanced moron who led a country by saying he was told by God that he was right to make an unlawful attack on Iraq.

Do hope that Obama will defeat the Tea party and Birth cert nutters and lead the country back to sense.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2010, 12:14 PM

I think America and the other allies had no option but to weed out Saddam, he was a powder keg with a short fuse, . . Afghanistan was/is a breeding ground for international terrorism, . . . if we walked away tomorrow the evil ones would turn the country into a bloodbath, . . . Iran is another powder keg waiting to go off, . . . the west will have no other option but to level their supposedly peaceful nuclear reactors in the near future, . . either that or trust in god they don't sell a device to you know who, . . . . it's a global war waiting to happen IMO.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2010, 03:44 PM

Should the U.S. be in the Middle East?

That's a bloody long way to tow it.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top