Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2015, 01:28 AM

Music of the Night

I was having lunch with a composer friend of mine the other day. At a given moment I noticed that his mind had wondered elsewhere. So I asked him what he was thinking about. He looked at me and said...

" I really don't know. I mean all my life I have been experiencing a very strange occurance. While alone at night, be it in my room or yard, I begin to hear, what I would define as, a celestial symphony of tunes. The only reason I am telling you this is because we are close friends. This is no joke. I can swear by it. But honestly, I would not dare confess this experience with anyone else out of fear of being ridiculed."

He then looked at me and said..

What do you think this celestial symphony is all about ?

I looked at him straight in the eye and said..

" Fear not you are not alone in this music of the night histeria. I have other friends who have mystically been invited to experience this cosmically inclined orchestra.And honestly, I am of the opinion, that this is not the Phantom of the Opera orchestrating this whole musical event, but rather mother nature herself. Though I think her musical creation would have been better served, if she had sold tickets prior to such a universal engagement. "
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2015, 01:33 AM

Re: Music of the Night

Harmony of the Spheres springs to mind. A chap by the name of Pythagoras i believe suggested something along these lines.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2015, 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Harmony of the Spheres springs to mind. A chap by the name of Pythagoras i believe suggested something along these lines.
Very good, very good ! I see you know what I am talking about..
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2015, 07:28 AM

It was back in the late 70`s when i was first aware of the concept when i encountered an album by Neil Ardley based on the sounds generated by the movement of celestial bodies, im sure there is much that affects us that we may not be aware of, so its possible that some may be lucky enough to lock into this.

I for one would like to have this ability.
eyes_of_a_painter
n

19-11-2015, 09:18 AM

If there is music prevailing throughout the cosmos as Pythagoras implied, then one would think that it serves as a general concept of all that is an all that was. Without wanting to sound too deep and not wanting to burn the brain cells of those who are reading this, music serves to inspire us and yes even, music serves to sooth the savage beast
Alien
Uk
Alien is male  Alien has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2015, 10:17 AM

Never'heard' of this , I'm imagining tinnitus but in c major? I'm guessing it's not actually 'heard' as in via ears but heard /imagined in ones head?
eyes_of_a_painter
n

19-11-2015, 11:08 AM

The idea is for example, if you get a long rope and tie a rock to the end, when you spin it, you can hear somesort of noice. According to Pythagoras, when planets rotate, they emit a high tone even though in space there is no air.

Scientist recently have been able to determine that stars and or planets do emit a high frecuency sort of musical tone when rotating in space.

To think that Pythagoras figured this out thousands of years ago by simply applying certain physical laws and meditating on the subject.

There are some out there that claim that just as Pythagoras was able to attune with this so called cosmic music, they can attune as well
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2015, 01:43 PM

Music - so important to life itself
It can transport you to another time, it can lift your spirits - bring a tear or a joyous smile
Music is the remedy for many ails ...................
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

19-11-2015, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Music - so important to life itself
It can transport you to another time, it can lift your spirits - bring a tear or a joyous smile
Music is the remedy for many ails ...................
Can only agree Patsy, always liked this quote by Shakespeare.

“The man that hath no music in himself, Nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils; The motions of his spirit are dull as night, And his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted. Mark the music.”

Our planet and ourselves are subject to so many forces, sounds and unseen external factors i would be surprised at how we would cope if they were not around.
eyes_of_a_painter
n

19-11-2015, 01:57 PM

So then, such an important inheritance of life as music itself. Who then invented music ? I would venture to say, that music was not an invented event, but a imitated one Early man needed only to listen to birds and feel uplifted by the sharing of their tweets.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top